Welcome to the forum

Ride London Club Challenge - Breaking News...

edited March 2013 in Sportives
Probably lots of you have got the same email as me, below.
It seems to suggest that we can register CCA teams of 4, for those who missed out on a place first time around.

The inaugural Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 on Sunday, August 4th is shaping up to be a unique cycling event.

We are delighted to be able to offer members of your club Cycle Club Ashwell (CCA), as a British Cycling affiliated club, the chance to take part in this 100-mile event through the Club Challenge.

Club Challenge. How it will work:
Get together with your club mates. Affiliated clubs can register teams of 4 riders to complete the 100-mile course together in the best possible team time.
• Categories for All-Female, All-Male and Mixed (2 male/2 female) teams.
• Your team's finishing time will be recorded against the 4th team member to reach the finish. Teams are encouraged to ride together.
• Team applications open on 27th March and close at midnight on 14th April. Successful teams will be informed from 26th April and will pay their entry fees (£48 per rider) online via the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 website.
• Clubs may make an application for more than one team. To keep things simple, we ask that one person registers the team(s) on behalf of your club.
• In the event of oversubscription, we will move to a ballot process.
• Each rider must be a current British Cycling member. Riders who hold an Elite or 1st category British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
Please note that riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Looks like a great idea to me and it's the same price as the individual entry fee was

I was lucky enough to get a place in the ballot ... and on a purely selfish level, I'd love to have CCA riders for company on the day. So c'mon, sign up!
  • I just got this also am would die to have opportunity to ride it as part of a team for ashwell?
    What would be fair way of entering as I was absolutely gutted not to get in and would be great to do it,
    If its the club team I guess someone should make a call
  • I missed out on a place through the ballot and a charity place, so would love the chance to get a place through team entry. Trouble is I'd be glad just to finish, so would have to tag onto a group of 4 who weren't worried about the teams time! Think you have to arrange a team, then enter in one go?

Pete R
  • We can enter as many teams as we want - probably the more we enter, the better our chances of getting at least 1 team riding on the day.

If everybody registers their interest on this thread, we can juggle into teams of 4 during the next 2 weeks. Then we need 1 person to register x number of teams for CCA, complete with rider names

NB you have to be a member of British Cycling to enter this ballot, which doesn't cost much and automatically gives you 3rd party liability insurance and free legal support if you ever need it
  • Hi Guys
    I had the same email.
    I'm new to the club but am 100% up for this.
    I missed out on the individual ballot and would love the chance to take part as a team if possible
  • Jane sounds like a great plan, maybe this post can be sticky'd and we gain total amount of entrants then register teams per groups of 4.
    I also reiterate BC is worth joining for insurance alone
  • I appreciate there is loads of interest in riding this event, but just a word of caution - if you do enter a team and are accepted then it seems there is the obligation to pay £48 per rider, so £192 per team - so if we do enter loads of teams then people have to be prepared to stump up the cash.

in reality i guess this will be just as heavily oversubscribed as the initial ballot, so more likely we wont end up with enough entries... in which case not sure how we will establish who gets a place and who doesnt?

as far as i can see you dont have to register the rider names at the time of entering - guess you do that later when you know if you have a place or not.
    i'm happy to place all the entries if you like. also interested in riding in a team.
  • Stef I'm happy to pay the £48 if you could stick me down? Cheers
  • I'm also 100% ok with £48 entry,
  • Put me down for a place please
  • ok i will keep track of those who want to enter, and nearer the time we can decide how many teams to enter

i wonder how many places they have kept back for team entries?
  • Please put me down for a place too Stef.
    Thanks. Peter R
  • Another one for the list. Thanks Stef.
  • edited March 2013
    I wonder if it's because they didn't get enough interest from the business relay, where there are teams of four employees, each doing 25 miles each.

I got in with that, great TT training! Hope all you lot get in too.
  • Stef,
    Could you add me to the list please.
    Thanks
    Alistair
  • Stef,

Please add Stevie and myself.

Thanks,
    Mark.
  • Could you add myself and David to the list as well please.

Cheers
    Emma
  • Hi I just got mail saying there is 6 days left to enter teams
    Any thoughts on final numbers?
    I cannot say how much I would like I ride this!
  • Yea just got the same email Tom, they say you should get the teams entered by tonight.
    I really want to have a crack at this one
  • Yeah I missed out on ballot and was gutted. i am a BC member so please put my name down. Cheers Richard
  • Hi, you have to enter teams as either all male, all female or mixed (2 male/2 female)

we currently have a mixed team (mark w, stevie, emma, david j)
    and 2 all male teams, first 4 to express interest: tom d, pete r, neil m, andrew r,
    second 4 to express interest: me, shaun, alistair, richt.

so can enter 3 teams as above, although i am convinced this will be heavily oversubscribed as was the original ballot, so am tempted to take a punt
    and enter 4 teams to increase our chances. i cant find any info online about how many places are available etc.

as far as i can see we have until 14th april to apply, and there is no advantage to applying early. if anyone else is interested shout now, and i will aim to put the application in mid-week to make sure we dont miss the deadline.
  • Brilliant thanks Stef
  • I missed out on the ballot as well, so would be keen if there were any further teams being entered.
  • Right, I've entered 1 mixed team and 3 all-male teams
    doubt we will get them all, sure it will be oversubscribed.
    but you have to be in it to win it etc etc
    fingers crossed
    we'll be notified after april 26th
  • Cheers Stef
  • Thanks Stef - fingers crossed
  • Hi stef any news?
  • No not heard anything yet. Will post when I do.
  • Just got an email saying all 4 of our teams have been allocated places... amazing given how oversubscribed the initial ballot was!

Great news, more details to follow later on how it will work,

also as I took a flyer and entered a 4th team - which we only currently have 1 rider for Martin H... so need to find 3 other riders or this team will lapse

Anyway full details later
  • That's fantastic! Thanks for doing the admin on this, Stef.