Welcome to the forum

Ride London Club Challenge - Breaking News...

Comments

• This is amazing, great news. I am aiming for about 16/17 but agree that just to be there is fantastic. Do Let me know how to pay.

Richard.
  • edited May 2013
    Ok, all sorted now, links for you to enter and pay are below, please make sure you use the right one.

all members of the team must have entered and paid the fee by 5pm on 15th May,
    they are quite clear "this date will not be extended under any circumstances"
    also as a reminder you have to be a British Cycling member

i will post a reminder before the 15th but ideally enter and pay as soon as possible.

having chatted to a few people we've decided to go for a target time of 6:00 to 6:09
    you have to select this when you enter
    this time is only a guide - you can ride at whatever pace on the day, chances are some of us will be faster, some slower
    but this should ensure we are relatively near the front (its all relative when there's 20,000 cyclists) and all fairly close together so we should be able to meet at the start or on the road in the first 5 or so miles.

anyone who has an individual place can change their target time before the 15th may if you want so again you stand a chance of being close to the other cca riders.

entry links:
    team 1: tom d, pete r, neil m, andrew r
    team 1 link

team 2: me, shaun, alistair, rich t
    team 2 link

team 3: martin h, phil k, james d, john (barnabas)
    team 3 link
  • having said all that, i've just tried to register and got:
    The 2013 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Club Challenge entry system will be shut due to technical issues, we are hoping to rectify this by Wednesday 8th of May.

so hopefully it will be working again tomorrow!
  • Its up and running now, and I've completed the registration. Does anyone know if we get the info about the logistics, parking, start time and all that stuff individually, or does it come to the club?

Pete R
  • I'm still waiting to hear all that really useful info ... and call me a cynic, but I think they might be finding the logistics a bit challenging. Hoping they get their ducks in a row ASAP
  • Yes I've managed to enter too, the system is a bit clunky to say the least

Info on logistics etc - the original email said • Confirmed teams will receive regular updates from the organisers of the event in the coming weeks and months.

Not very helpful. If it comes to me as I registered the teams I will post here.
  • Hi I have just entered too!
    I couldn't see start time preference but I guess team will start at same time and we can all start together as planned?
  • Just re read I will adjust my start time opps
  • Registered successfully today for 'CCA Male Team 3' .....no turning back!!
  • I've registered and paid.
  • Likewise - registered & paid
  • Yea I'm sorted
  • registered and paid
  • Registered and paid
  • All paid
  • They sent me a link so I can see who has registered.
    Just waiting on James D team 3, everyone else is done.
    Tom D - you put a different time down to everyone else, if this is deliberate no problem, but if its a mistake you may want to ammend.
  • Thanks stef I balls it up and need to re register under 6 to 6.09
  • Amended to correct time, would be nice to coordinate a club ride with fellow team mates and riders from the club I haven't met yet, anyone interested his coming weekend?
  • Hi Tom
    I agree, think it would be good to go out for a couple of rides before if we can
    I'm racing this weekend in the Primavera so can't make a club run
    Think ill be out on the two Wednesday club runs from next week if anyone can make that?
  • edited May 2013
    Good idea Tom

I think Shaun has a 100 miler planned for this Saturday that I'm looking forward to, Sunday is out for me as I'm helping with the Primavera
  • Yes, I am planning a longer ride this Saturday if that's of any use? (As Andrew says, a lot of people riding/helping on the Primavera on Sunday. I, for one, am getting all my weekend miles in on Saturday). Watch out for separate forum post soon.
  • Yes seen the post sounds great all being good will be at tuns for 8!
  • Tom are you not doing the Primavera?
  • edited May 2013
    No next race will be elveden 5 for me.
  • Oh! Hah, you're living the life of luxury!

I'm going to sign up to 5 as well so see ya there (also 4)
  • Good luck in 4 hope it stays a bit dryer this time, it's a great course it seems to be in the last 2 corners, they seem tighter than others, that splits the pack early staying in first 3rd seemed to be best when I raced 2. Oh and put some gatorskins on to avoid flats :)
  • Cheers for the tip! Yeah, as I'm doing 4th cat only this time I hope to be able to stay in position. I'd love to have that luxury but I just bought a new set of gp4000's, which should be okay to be honest. I hope.

Enjoy the 100 on saturday!
  • Everyone registered and confirmed ahead of tomorrows deadline - well done.

Cant make the 100 this Saturday but hope to meet up on other club rides soon.
  • Hi, I got an email today about transport arrangements and how you have to complete a reservations survey in order to complete your entry. Its a long and complicated email but first paragraph below for info.
    I guess you will all get one of these sent to you, but it may take a few days. If you dont let me know and I will forward on to everyone.

"In order to get 20,000 cyclists away, and to allow enough time to complete the event prior to the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey Classic, the morning of the event will be an early start. To make sure your journey to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on Ride Day is as straightforward as possible, all participants must provide their transport information through our Transport Options and Reservations survey. Without completing this survey, your entry for the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 will be incomplete.

Please make sure you understand all of the information below, prior to completing the survey. ... etc etc"