Welcome to the forum

Ride London team entry

Comments

• Well that's embarrassing!

I do apologise Stef. But the sentiment remains the same, thanks for the hard work.

And Jane, I'm not sure what a doodle is I'm afraid!
  • TEAM 3 (Adam, Mark, Vic), are you happy with me taking Andy's place (or are you going for a superfast time)?
  • It sounds like a really good idea to collect ride times from individual riders - that might help to get some agreement on team ride times? Or perhaps that's already in hand?

Matt - I'm not sure whether Doodle can help - having looked it up, I think it's just a tool for working out who's available for which dates, rather than collecting data, like ride times, from people
  • A doodle poll would work for giving people a way to select from a few choices (see the Velodrome Doodle for example) and if needed I could put one together with a few 30 minute options.

should I put up a doodle poll to see if we should have a doodle poll %-)

Picking a shorter ERT should just result in an earlier start time so maybe we could all agree on say the 4:50-4:59 that Jane suggested and see how we get along on the day.

Those looking for really fast times could then either join or adopt their own strategy.

For me I have no concern over team time - just my individual time.
  • sounds a good idea Andrew.......I'd just go ahead and do it.
  • Doodle Poll here
  • got an individual place, 100% want to ride with the blue train, highlight of last year!
  • Hi John

I'm not planning on riding a 'superfast' time

I'm waiting for a minor knee operation before June and hoping to use this ride as the impetus to get me training after it.

At the moment I'm just ticking along with the slower group on Wednesday morning.
  • Hi John. I will take it that you are now officially a member of team 3 and will enter as needed. Hope you have a great day out. Cheers
  • Hi Andy, Yes definitely, I will take your place. Thanks.
  • How do I access the online entry form please or are we still waiting for a link?
  • Still waiting for a link from Stef
  • Thanks to everyone who shared his/her target time (see Doodle). We've got a good spread of times, so everybody who wants to, should be able to find another rider or two that he/she can start with and perhaps ride the whole course with.

I've been thinking and I reckon that 4:50-59 is going to be an enormously popular choice this year. (Think about all those club riders from last year who did their fastest ever 100, and then went home to tell all their mates about it. How many of those (+ their mates) will be trying to beat the magical 20mph av speed this time around?) So there could be thousands of riders in the 4:50-59 slot, which means they'll be spread across several loading times and both streams ... and if we're lumped in with them, we may find we get different start times to each other, in spite of choosing the same target time.

So I propose that anyone who's targeting sub-5hr, chooses the slot just before the super-popular one, ie 4:40 - 4:49. IMO that'll give us a better chance of starting together, keeping together and we should get better drafting too. What's not to like?
  • Still not got the links for entry from the organisers.
    They confirmed our entry last week
    "Thank you for confirming, you will receive your entry links to register the teams in the next 14 days.
    Kind Regards
    Laura Samuels
    Entries Manager"

That was on the 1st April so guess we should get the links by end of this week latest. All entries then have to be in by 25th April.
    So if anyone is looking for someone to take their place they need to find someone pretty quick , as all 4 team members have to enter or the team entry isn't valid.
  • Vicky,

Anna Fraser is interested in taking your place in the mixed team. Can you confirm that is ok.

Stef, when do you have to enter the names or do we enter against a Team Name/Number?

Thanks,
    Mark and Stevie.
  • Mark and Stevie

Stef will send round a link when he receives it from the organisers - we will then have to enter our details and payment etc and it's only then that we have to put names against the teams.
  • Mark and Stevie,

Yes, Anna can have my place in the mixed team.

Thanks,
    Vicky
  • edited April 2014
    Changed my Expected Ride Time to the 4hr40 to 4hr49 bracket.
    (I couldn't do it online for some strange reason, so I did it via the helpline)
  • see the seperate posting for the entry links, all has to be done by 5pm 9th may

neil - have assumed you are riding as havent seen anyone take your place, that right?
  • Hi Steph,

Many thanks for this, have completed my registration.

Mark Y
  • registered and paid
  • Hi

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am now unable to participate.

I have paid and am offering my place.

Mark
  • Mark I will have that place if possible.
  • Mark, i am working that weekend, have tried to get someone to cover but at minute cannot find cover. So will also have to drop out. Sorry for messing you around. Mickg.
  • Just got my start time which is a disappointing 7.45 - what have others got?
  • edited June 2014
    6.35 Blue K

Is that good news? Not too early seems ok to me
  • Stuart and I have different times and starts which is a pain. Stuart is black A 6:42 and I am Orange G 6:32

Jackie
  • James - I would be happy with 6.35 - the earlier the better - 7.45 means I am going to be towards the end of 25000 riders of varying ability which is not great - had hoped that putting a quick target time down would make for an earlier start.

Jackie - not a problem for you as you can wait for Stuart shortly after the start - I think last year there were places to wait before the timing started. Jane may be able to advise on this.
  • VicVic
    edited June 2014
    I'm in your team Adam - 7.45 Yellow G

Any of my team mates planning on driving down on and parking on the day want to share a lift, or shall I book parking solo?
    Have to sort it by Monday at the latest.