Welcome to the forum

Ride London team entry

Comments

• James,
    Mine is the same as yours.
  • Same also. Blue K 06:35. Just need to start training now!
  • OMG I got 06:12 start time

... this is either going to be a blisteringly fast ride for me (Wilson legs will never be the same again, which could be vgd or vbad news, too scared to work that one out just now...) or I'll get dropped from the pack in no time at all :#

please tell me I've got 1 or two friends in blue to share the humiliation/jubilation with ???
  • I'm at 6.35... I'll be seeing you a few km into the ride then, Jane... How do these things work then? I'm not sure I can pin a number on without being in a tiny village hall in the middle of nowhere with that very unique smell of embrocation and poo...
  • Orange g 6.32
  • Will, the principle is the same except minus the elbows ;)
  • edited June 2014
    Also the loo waiting times are much longer... Today I'll be mostly holding on comes to mind
  • Yellow Wave A 06:15

I put down a 5hr30 time so I am not sure about how they sorted out wave start times?

Sure many of you will pass me!
  • edited June 2014
    Blue Wave Q 07:55 - hmmm not great - the prudential randomizer seems to have come into effect. On the bright side I get a lie in (not!!)

Looks like I am few minutes behind Vic and Andrew.

Anyone else got a late start time?

Have booked parking at the Lea Valley Ice Centre (just off the A10) if anyone wants a lift down from Letchworth direction?

JRVM
  • Spooky .... I'm the same with Blue Wave Q 07:55. Friend of mine who's riding for charity with Great Ormond Street Hospital also has exactly same wave/time how random is that.

See you there Jamie - sounds like we could make a mini train with Vic and Andrew.
  • Cool Bob - see you there
  • If anyone in the pre 7am waves is going to be unable to participate in this event then could you please contact me.

Thanks

Andrew
  • Vic, I'm in your team now, having taken Andy Hartley's place. My start is 7.45 Yellow G.

I have booked parking at the Lea Valley Ice Centre. Not sure I can get more than one bike in my car. Discuss nearer the time how to meet up?

John
  • Start area Blue
    Wave D
    Start time 6.20am

Hope to see some of you there..!

Do I even go to bed beforehand then?
  • Hey Martin, as I start drifting backwards through the 06:12 super-peloton I very much look forward to finding a friendly face in blue, hopefully yours :)
  • I will be staying near Stratford the Saturday night. Had a good carb loading meal there last year. Anyone around to save me eating alone?
  • Sorry Adam, but I won't be able to join you again this year.

Good luck for Sunday

John
  • Adam

I'm nearby and would welcome the company - have PM'd you

Cheers

Andrew
  • Andrew, Vic, Jamie (Red Van Man),

Reading the forum posts it looks like we all have late start times (unfortunately):

Andrew - 07:45
    Vic - 07:45
    Jamie - 07:55
    me - 07:55

Would you be interested in getting together after the start line and forming up together? A friend of mine (James) is also starting at 07:55 but riding for Great Ormond Street ... so there would be five of us.

Thoughts?

Bob
  • Bob,
    First time doing this, and still not quite 100% following knee surgery 6 weeks ago.
    I'm not sure how easy it will be to find each other.
    I'm confident of completing the ride, but might need to go a mile an hour slower than some of you might want. I'm happy to join you, but don't worry if I need to ease off a bit (probably at the Surrey hills). I don't think I'll get lost or have any trouble finding some slower riders to hide behind.

Vic
  • Does anybody know if there's a gps route knocking around to download for t'garmin?
  • Will,

They did not send one out last year.
  • edited August 2014
    True but you can find one from e.g ridewithgps

Ride London
  • Good luck /have fun this weekend everyone!

Will this is a bit short for you isn't it?
  • Hi Vic, I've whispered you my mobile number
  • Thanks
  • Weather looks top. 14mph head wind and heavy rain forecast....
  • Tom, but think of the tailwind back into London!

Good luck everyone and hope you all enjoy it- this was a fantastic ride last year!

John
  • Apparently there's a hurricane heading this way. ETA Sunday. Hurricane Boris?