Welcome to the forum

La Marmotte sans Galibier 2015 :(

edited August 2014 in General
DESCRIPTION : Runs through Isere, Savoie and the Alps, climbing over mythical passes such as the Glandon (1918m),the Telegraphe(1570m), le Galibier(2642m), le Lautaret(2057m), and the famous 21 hairpins of the Alpe d'Huez(1880m) to the finish

Nailing my colours to the mast For next summer

Would love another pop at this. Anyone else fancy it?

Here goes 10 months of getting ready...

Comments

• Was waiting for someone to suggest this - I'd be in.
  • Hmm, its been a while.
  • Very interested
  • [...and/or] Tour of Flanders?

"2015 chat" at next club pub nite, Tues 2nd Sept? [as well as pre Wells ride chat]
  • edited August 2014
    :)

*edit: :) means hell yes to the Marmotte

I've blocked it off in my diary and also the week before & after for possibly some alpine riding.*
  • james

been there done that got the shirt but i am greedy i want 2 shirts.

calling daniel , skelders , tim , and all 2011 crew you know it makes sence . pencil me in.

strappy
  • Shall I book my mates chalet again?

No spaggy bol night tho ;-) only kidding Daniel, it was delicious .....

Defo interested!
  • the beast!
  • You know it makes sense. There will be unfinished business for some and having been there before we know what needs to be done! Good way to get through a winter of training knowing this is on the way.

Pete you are going to love it:)

Hot tub still working Skelders?!
  • hell yeah!
  • think i'll nip in the parcel yard now and start planning it :-)
  • I would defo be up for Flanders, discussed this the other day, you can keep the mountains :)
  • Flanders - now were talking. What about Roubaix....
    Get rid of all inclines
    Much more my thing
  • Well said JRVM, Belgian cobbles much more to my liking also. I would seriously consider that.

Ask Dave H -Here Come The Belgians!

FD
  • Deffo Milan - San Remo for me. Longest classic. Finish then jump into the sea.
  • I am in for la Marmotte as well as Milan - San Remo. Come on 2015.
  • I'm going to do paris roubaix, provisional date 11th April 2015.
    Then watch the pro's do it next day Sunday 12th.

Doubt I'd get away with marmotte as well but very tempted
  • Bob Swain has done this 3 times, admittedly when a tad younger. This sounds more like my thing Stef. I'm sorely tempted to do this horrific ride. Bike set-up, 32 spokes, 25mm tyres vittoria paves I think. Steel frame, orange of course. I'll make a bike up just for this as it will probably be wrecked at the finish. Old school I think with 56/7 chain ring 14 or 16 gears. Won't worry what happens when it's done. Happy days :-)
  • Anyone want to build in some weeks training on long categorised climbs prior to Marmotte always welcome up here in sunny Durham. Self contained mobile home sleeps 6 all fitted up and no charge. Just come up and ride.
  • Would also like to do Paris roubaix but probably can only get away with one in which case it's marmots especially if we can get the Oz chalet, loved it there.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Stef. Should we start another thread for Paris Roubaix. Happy to help organise if you require any. Would love to do Marmot but I couldn't hope to stay with you fast lads now.
  • Paris - Roubaix

100%
  • Interested in Paris Robaix also
  • Oh damn.... We're really doing this aren't we ? :-}
  • Just emailed my mate Huw about availability for his chalet in Oz...... Bring on the champers and hot tub woop woop.... Unfinished business for me :-)))))
  • There are many roads to ride...
  • More like proper hills... Chilterns and Durham!
  • majorca training camp? :P
  • edited August 2014
    I'm starting with Etape Cymru. Might have to hold onto that jacuzzi thought to get me through the winter months :)