Welcome to the forum

FESTIVE 50's / FESTIVE 500

Comments

• Will sit Monday's out - Turbo session instead - 'til the whole running gear is replaced on the Dawes, then see you mid week?

Anyone have a link to a decent Youtube (or similar) training video to keep the interest levels up indoors?

Thanks for leading us Robbie.
  • Cracking ride today. Nice clean roads and good group riding.

Nice to finally meet Geoff - hope your back feels better. Would be good to get a CC Ashwell peloton in County Durham in 2015.

See you at 9am tomorrow.
  • thanks for a great route robbie and thanks very much for the offer of the lift home geoff! Made it in the end.
  • Well I took part from afar, joined the Kenilworth wheelers for a chilled 50, does that count?
  • Today is a tad windy... no deep rims!

Watton on stone-knebworth-Whitwell...
    And then fly back with the wind!
  • Missed you by 3 mins......took me 43mins to cycle from Meldreth. Like cycling on sand the wind was so strong. Ended up doing 42m. Oh the joy of cycling from Baldock home!!!!
    See you tomorrow.
  • Peeled off and did a little loop with Cam and Jon to get back with 55 miles on the clock. I stopped to lend Cam my pump, he couldn't get his back wheel back up to pressure after an earlier puncture. By the time I looked up, you'd all shot off!

Anyway, for anybody that's interested in our little discussion outside the tuns, here's a little article that might shed a bit of light on "what my mate Dave said in the pub". There are links on the page to .gov websites with the official paperwork on. Check it out.
  • OMG 'cycling furiously' is an offence
    Think I might be guilty of that every time I TT ... although it's nothing to do with my speed, it's just my state of mind!
  • Thanks everyone. Really enjoyed that despite the windiest conditions I have cycled in for a while. Hopefully will get out for at least one more. Good luck to those going for the 10. I got 52 miles @ 17.1.
  • Graham sorry to have missed you...
    it was windy!!!! But great to see you tmw.
    Will, you were the hand and pump of Xmas spirit top fella!

The fourth day route is:

Up Hexton (via Langford Henlow)
    Down Sundon and up Shapenhoe
    Lilley then Whitwell turn left up hill etc
  • Enjoyable today despite the wind - looks like similar tomorrow.

I'll pick up the ride at Langford tomorrow. Likely have a bit of a hangover so that route will be kill or cure!
  • edited December 2014
    Hiya Robbie

I've got a pass for Wednesday, Christmas Eve. I know it might be a bit Groundhog Day around Langford if you're thataway Tues, but how about out West to Woburn?

50 miles on the nose if you turn about in Woburn village. Or, 59 if you wanna add the 'small' Brickhill climb loop. Maybe those wanting a rest can wait-out those wanting the extra 9 in a Woburn caff.

Then the obligatory push back.

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2870489-ashwell-woburn-ashwell/

Whatever: see you Wednesday.

Martin
  • Will join you for a bit tomorrow, but will probably head straight up Lilley's bottom instead of doing the Sundon loop. Time constraints...
  • Martin... Wednesday is St Martins day.
  • Robbie,
    Not coming now as will be flying out to the sun..late booking.
    Enjoy the rides.
  • Who is Lilley???
    See you at Langford on the way through this morning
  • Must admit it was hurting when Will was pulling us to Hexton...
    Felt better after Sundon. Good ride chaps. Four down...at least 6 to go.

St Martin's route tmw for a Xmas Eve special. See above.
  • Sorry for that! Sorry for heading past without any festive banter on Hexton too, just about made it home in time.
  • I'll be out tomorrow :-)
  • Me too.
    Galaxy up and running well again after two days in the LBS.

Where to tomorrow?
  • I was feeling number 4 today and just hid in the bunch. I agree the run out to Hexton was tough but the legs felt better as the ride progressed. Many thanks to Will and Carmelo for doing most of the pulling.

I'll join you in Langford again tomorrow for number 5.
  • Wow guys. You are really into these. Very glad to have made the ride
    on Sunday and good to put faces to some new riders. Good to chat Jeremy, and the back is fine. Glad you got back o.k. Nat.
    Great to chat about Paris Nice and looking forward to seeing a bunch of you up here next year for extended training rides. You will just love the rides I have planned for you and I hope you will also fall in love with the country here.
    Have a fun Christmas and a great cycling new year.
  • That was fab

Thanks All ... and HAPPY CHRISTMAS :))))
  • That was fab too!!! Merry merry Xmas all....
    Top route Martin.

Boxing Day hopefully not icy...
    Hangover route.
  • 18 out. Nice day. Group a bit big for a few drivers keen to grab the last turkey in lidl. Nice to wish so many members a merry Christmas. Mince pie and coffee int Tuns festive too. Cheers. 17.3mph ride time av. Bit pacey at the end.

null

null

https://www.strava.com/activities/232404329
  • Yep super ride today. Happy Christmas to all...

Weather forecast improving for Boxing Day :)
  • Too many cars on this route today = proportionally far too many idiots out in their four wheeled coffins.
    White Van-Man, being a White Van-Man, White VW Sirocco in the deer park who came way-too close, and that Golf later on.

I wonder if the group might have been a tad too large, considering?

Enjoy the remainder of the Festive 500's & stay safe out there.
  • What's the route for tomorrow Robbie?
  • Thinking... Langford cardington Everton Bourn haslingfield Bassingborn etc
    Couple of hills but mostly flattish and steady pace.
  • Sounds good - will join you in Langford as you pass through.