Welcome to the forum

FESTIVE 50's / FESTIVE 500

Comments

• Just checked the roads in Langford and yesterday evening's rain has iced on the untreated.

Will be out later when it warms up a bit. Take care to those that ride today.
  • edited December 2014
    Anyone fancy riding at 1pm today (Boxing Day)? ... change of plan, I'll be pedalling indoors instead :(
  • 9 out today for nippy boxing day 53m ride.
    Left toes now thawed.

Tmw looks non icy but tad wet.
    Should be ok.... Checking again at 8am
  • Weather check: safe (just nippy and wet)
    Route: probably bigger roads heading to barrington Bourn everton etc
  • edited December 2014
    Four hard riders out...
    Nathan Jeremy Robbie and Vince. Gritty 57m ride through snow rain and wet roads. All good fun!

Hoping Sunday is going to have safe roads without ice or frost.
    Keep an eye on the forum
  • well done all. I am freezing just loading the bikes for tomorrows CX
  • Weather check. Roads are icy in Ashwell.
    Doesn't look safe : ((
  • Turbo day! Just did 3hrs, that's gotta be worth a badge :)
  • Looks good to me, icy makes it interesting. So one out today. Boo I am so lonely put on my own. Straps on.
  • May try and get out later when it has thawed a bit.

Next 2 days look similar so we might want to re-jig start times or let folks get their 50s in when they can.
  • Good idea Jeremy....
    Looks like weather warms up Wednesday.
    Might be sporadic rides tmw and Tuesday...

Wednesday back to 9am deffo.
  • Guy's

Will be going out in half an hour or so if your willing can meet up if you like we can stay on main roads.

Got a garmin 810 for xmas gotta try it out.

Just post to let know .

Strappy.
  • It was the right decision not to do an organised group ride. Minor roads were icy but larger roads were fine. Perfect for ones or twos.
    Enjoyed 22miles from ashwell over to Langford, left over the two bridges but decided it was too icy to continue to old warden so decided to ride to biggleswade, potton and Guilden Morden.
    1.20 mins
    22 miles.
    Cannot ride tomorrow so have a good one.
    Stroppy enjoy the ride and Sandra's treat, mine was the assos Swiss national champs race top. Heheeay.
  • Vince

You weren't wrong the roads were a bit dodgy

I went langford way too main roads were ok but i went on the moggerhanger rd but turned round was too bad.

The garmin worked fine but it doesn't pedal the bike for you (stitched up again).

I only had xmas day boxing day off so hardly done any mile unlike all you festive 50 part timers. Lol

Garmin say's. 37.8 miles @ 17.7 avg

Enjoy the new year festivities.

Strappy
  • Strappy, we've missed you on the Festive 50s.

Maybe see you out on NYD? Or perhaps on Saturday for the GD100 (see the Paleo versus Carbs thread).
  • Got out this arvo.. Not sure how many more I can make. Wanted to try to hold on at least until Ashwell was in sight before I got dropped!
    Spent pm being corrupted by Tim D's Belgian selection!! Oops
  • you brave people riding in that ice!

gutted I've had back problems the past few days (wish I knew what caused it - could hardly walk - the only thing it could possibly be is I went too hard on that ride and/or saddle too high (I used to ride much lower), however hopefully will be out wednesday! Might do the 9.30 though.

good luck to all those riding the roads tomorrow/tuesday
  • Wednesday good suggestion to start with the 9.30 group. Watch this thread.
    Not riding in the mornings until then
  • Hi guys,

I have just driven to Cambridge there is black ice on the road from Biggleswade to the A1198 roundabout. Be careful out there.
  • Driven to Stevensge. Ice all the way.
    Might go see Paddington at the cinema... If I can convince the kids!
  • If it is any consolation, the minor roads along NCR 1 are all skating rinks here near Canterbury. Having to walk up a down some "hills" so bad is it. Toasty-warm in my tent at night though.
  • Just got back from hols.....Gritters out.....what is the start time if weather OK, are we looking at 9.30.
  • Robbie I am going for a ride tomorrow am unless it looks worse than Monday. Happy to meet at 9 or 9.30am.
    Will check forum tomorrow. Shall we fix 9.30am for those that want a ride. If riding I suggest we ride with a lot of space between riders and pick larger B roads. Shall we confirm final details at 8am on wed? Will wait for your view in the morning.
  • Hi all

May be out tomorrow, depending on ice and conditions.

Will you be at the usual 9.30am Wednesday meeting point outside Bob's or the 3 Tuns?

John
  • it is warming up today and overnight - the ice will be gone tomorrow.

See you at the Tuns at 9am on Thursday.
  • Yes. 9.30 Bobs house.
  • Sounds good
  • Zero degrees here in Hitchin and lots of frost and ice. Will go out later.

Enjoy your ride everyone.
  • edited December 2014
    Heavy frost out there. Go carefully
  • Vince, MC and Robbie braved the cold and road main roads to avoid frost.
    We were rewarded with Rochefort bevvies at Vince's house. Very festive! Cheers!!!