Welcome to the forum

Saturday Fixed Wheelers PROBABLY 8am

Comments

• does that affect the length of my shirt sleeve then?
  • lmao... but of course... if you don't have the arm circumference in relation to the leg diameter that will logically affect the final gut stretching volume.. if you apply the St Emillion of course!
  • Nah, just means you should drink Burgundy rather than Bordeaux ;-)
  • "Think of inches as a valueless number."

Er.. tell that to the wife!
  • Saturday 8am going on the hilly route as last week including Sundon... lots of inches or very little inches.
  • edited October 2011
    Good hilly ride on Saturday with Jon, who is pushing an 81" gear and leaving me on hills!

Two thirds of the GD on Sunday which I did on one bottle of water and 2 gels (was only going out for an hour then got carried away).

For all you fixed gear iphone users... get the app 'chainvetica'. Works out gearing and speed at 90rpm.
    FYI : Looks like me and MC are settled on 46x18 (having a 17 and 19 pending on how we feel and terrain).
  • Yes. Saturday's good. 8am.
  • Should be there this week, same route, or something else in mind ?
    Alistair
  • Fine with me, although I have not done the GD so have no idea what I am agreeing to.
  • Cool.
    This route does take in Everton Hill but this isn't as tough a Sundon. Very do-able.
    There's also a shorter cut off back that goes over Barrington Hill.
  • edited October 2011
    Any idea how many miles into the ride Everton hill is?

Might try and join you up to this point then nip off back to sandy...

Dave.
  • Yes. Everton hill is about 25m in. Cool.
  • i'll be tagging along for the ride.
  • 6 out on fixed.
    Top ride chaps! Some big miles at speed.
  • Cheers guys, good ride. Glad I left when I did, just about enough in the tank to crawl home. Did you make it up to the 100?
  • edited October 2011
    We ended up with 92m (plus Phil's extra ride).
    Big discussion about gearing again. Another good fixed Saturday long ride in the legs.
  • 110 for me (on fixed).
  • Tested out the 46 x 17 ratio on Sunday up Croydon hill. Was ok. Think Sundon might be hard tho.
    So... next time I'll probably be out on 73" and not 69". Nice to vary it.

Also picked up an 1/8" track chainwhip today. Makes it a tad easier cos it fits snugly onto the teeth.
    So might be chopping and changing pending on route.

Next weeks route?
  • I had 80 miles when I got home and also had fairly sore legs, even with 3 gears on the back. Not going to read anything into the gearing based on this ride though, our flat pace would have seen us do a 110 mile average LEJOG day in under 5 hours. Good training for sure, but I think it was the pace that was off the mark, not the gearing.
    Should be out Sat.
    Flat or hills ?
  • Tested out the 73" 46x17 on the hilly 60m today.

The higher gear was Better for the second half - after doing the steeper hills out the saddle mostly.
    Still I prefer the 69" on this route.

Think spinning tires the legs less that pushing a harder gear on a hilly route but...
    Obviously spinning so much your ass is bouncing isn't the way forward on flat!

Saturday? Not sure what I'll have on.
    MC will be back on the 48x18 no doubt.

One gear. One love.
  • robbie
    off work friday & saturday so should be at the tuns @ 8.00 what route you doing let me know.
    ta
    strappy
  • Think MC suggested the hilly 60m. We can add a bit on or off to suit.
    See ya @ 8.
  • 42x16 will be there
  • might well join you for a few miles... have physio at 11:30 in letchworth
  • Guy's, can you confirm which route out of the village you'll be taking as would like to join you on route as per last week - cheers.
  • hilly 60 sounds good,is that bygrave,baldock,weston,type one if it is thats fine with me, bring your snorkel's.
    see in the morning i will swim over at 8am.
    strappy.
  • Route up passed the PO out to slip end then up to Wallington... Baldock etc
  • Great stuff - hopefully catch up with you all around 08:10 on the first leg to Wallington.
  • Probs at home, not going to make it tomoz