Welcome to the forum

La Marmotte sans Galibier 2015 :(

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Both times I have done this it's been really hot and sunny

Is the chalet booked yet ?

Will anyone do the following day mountain tt??
  • edited August 2014
    sounds like one for MC ... but then again, how 'mountain' is this tt?
  • Oh just the simple matter of the Alp from bottom to top...
  • James

No tt for me i will struggle getting up the alpe at my own (snails pace).

All i have to do now is loose the stone i have put on since our last trip SIMPLE'S.

Strappy
  • Interested in this. Would probably go out for a week, at least.
  • OK Marmotteers... I have held the accommodation!

Whose in?

same as last time, the price for the accomodation depends on how many are coming and also will be booked for the week. I think in 2011 it was c£160 each.

Well if we get another 10 it will be....

£163

(this includes a returning discount :-)

We can add breakfast if you want.

let me know
  • me, please
  • Sooooooo...

list starts here in the order of responses above (i.e. 1st come 1st in to TBC)

1) James D
    2) Andrew R
    3) Tim D
    4) Phil K
    5) Nathaniel
    6) Strappy
    7) Skelders (me :-)
    8) Peter G
    9) Martin H
    10) MC
    --------------------------------------------
    11) Senecio - wouldn't be the same without you Dude!
    12) Jane
    13) Shaun

This is obviously just for the Oz accomodation. If you are not interested, please let me know asap as you can see we are over subscribed already. Having said that the hotel around the corner is excellent, have stayed there as well:

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-resorts/france-ski-holidays/alpe-dhuez/hotel-les-grandes-rousses;jsessionid=18B7771E6A65ABECEE4597D82873F096.node1
  • £163 for the week?
  • yes, but that is JUST accomodation... there is flight, food & entry on top
  • edited August 2014
    My mistake, Jane threw her hat in the ring on our Saturday ride two weeks ago (16th) and pops up a slot so is first reserve. Apols Jane.... My Bad

Plse confirm asap chaps
  • As long as the entry isn't some stupid price, I'm in. (for the week) Thanks so much
  • Nathaniel, I think the flights will be more worrying than the entry costs?
  • edited August 2014
    will be fine!
  • Hi Tim,

Can you add iain to the reserve list pls? He's away just now but mentioned that he was thinking of doing it again,

L
  • Hi Lindsey, of course, and I will be looking at extra accommodation as I know the owners of the above hotel as well.

PLEASE CONFIRM WITH ME ASAP ALL THOSE IN THE TOP TEN.
  • I am Skelders.

Thank you.

Martin
  • please send me your email addresses as well so i can start emailing details and suggestions...

will need help on airport transfers UK side - Strappy? big coach ?
    I will sort out France side and get quotes

hmmmm doesnt look like sleazyjet or Ryan air fly out to Grenoble or Lyon at this time anymore... BA (to Lyon) or train will get prices...
  • I just asked my friend who goes to grenoble a lot and he said he usually flies easyjet (to Lyon) and then bus ride, looks like EJ are only showing tickets up to March atm? So in a few months they will be showing flights for July? Or am I missing something
  • unfortunately you could be missing something, ski season, once its over the flights stop from EJ & RA.
  • edited August 2014
    Would it be less hassle to take the train? Only one change at Paris to Grenoble, returns cost around 100 quid, so pretty reasonable... Just a thought...
  • Thanks Will, that is defo one of the options. BA fly to Lyon from Heathrow so its not too bad, at the moment its about £150

Eurostar in Nov is £120'ish , cant book that far ahead.

all discussion points once we have the team confirmed :-)
  • Thanks Tim for organising. Its great to come up with an idea and then see it all take shape:)

Looking forward to this. Starting to look at a new bike.... R3 frame looks promising and seems to be classified as a climbers bike....
  • ooooh did you say new bike? what a fantastic idea..!!

its been a while :-)

no worries re: organising.. there is still plenty to do..
  • For me it has been!
  • Yes, I'm in.

One slight snag…from what i can gather, since we last rode it in 2011 the popularity of the event has been rising steeply. I read somewhere that last year it sold out within minutes of going on line and lots of riders didn't get a place. i will have a look at when registration opens but probably best not to book flights etc until you have a place.
  • I'm in too, subject as Tim says to getting a place.
  • skelders

deffo in (will look at coaches get back to you all).
  • confirmed