Welcome to the forum

Paris - Nice 2015 UPDATE and ACTION

edited August 2014 in General
Right then... the guys who run the end to end ireland are up for a bespoke Paris - Nice next year just for CCA.
And at really good value. Maybe a six day tour. Watch this space... But show interest. We need 8 riders.

Comments

• FDFD
    edited August 2014
    Sounds a great challenge! 100 miles plus a day. Limp to the sun?! Love to do this if I can get fit enough.

ACT are a great firm!!

Good luck with Ireland.

John
  • Going to get a cost for this one... from the ACT guys.
  • I'm interested.
  • edited September 2014
    ACT cycling have got back to me with a few details to pass on.

Paris to Nice

Riding the same route as the pros taking on 1000km (680M)
    Arrive Paris 5th Sept. Start Cycling Sunday 6th, arriving Nice Friday 11th and flying out of there on the 12th.

100 miles a day, so taking 6 days cycling through villages and mountain passes.
    That would be a nights accommodation in Paris at the start of the tour, then 6 more nights accommodation, making 7 nights in total, with CCA riders returning the day after the ride ends.

Bikes would be picked up from Ashwell and taken to Paris in the ACT van. Then brought back from Nice. We'll also be able to drop our large bags off as well saving money on flights etc.

Each day will be a classic route of around 100M. The support van would be there to for food and drink every 35M plus be our mechanical support throughout.

This is a bespoke tour for CCA riders.
    To make it happen we need a minimum of 8 riders and a maximum of 12.
    I will update on costs ASAP but can assure that this will be as low cost as possible with the best support.
  • Here goes prices from ACT.

Pending on the number of riders, the cost would be as follows :-

12 to 14 riders - £ 675
    10 or 11 riders - £ 700
    8 or 9 riders - £ 750
    6 or 7 riders - £785

Maximum number of riders would be 14, so that we could carry a spare bike as well.
    ACT would carry all bikes, with riders finding their own way to Paris, and back from Nice.
    GPX files would be available, as would maps.
    Evening meals, to be bought by riders.

So all in... Race to the sun including flights and evening meals less than grand.
    Once in a lifetime eh!
  • Hope Ireland went well for you Robbie. I'd love to come, but I'm already doing two things next year (alps (the love of my life) and riding across norway / doing photography for 2 weeks with friends) , and can't really commit to any more things. You've come up with an amazing package though, people would be mad not to jump on that. These trips are literally unforgettable. have a good one!
  • edited September 2014
    I'll keep this one popping up at the top...
    ACT will keep the date pencilled for a while.

btw
    Polocini cycling tours quote £1,500 for the above and don't pick up your bike and bag from Ashwell.
  • Please add me to the list it's something I have wanted to do for years since a friend did it a while back.

Also looks like Marmotte entry could be a problem. Going to speak to a friend who did it this year and find out how he got in. You can usually buy entry only from the tour company's but they aren't cheap! Btw last time I looked La Fuga were charging £1,500 for their Marmotte tour plus flights and spending money
  • £1500!!!

Davis & Skelding Tours will b c20% of that fee including flights (plus spending money)

we just applied direct last time didn't we? I will warn Huw of this potential show stopper!

put me down for the above.... gulp
  • Also interested in Paris - Nice next September...
  • FDFD
    edited September 2014
    A tentative yes!
  • Update from ACT

We have until the end of September to finalise numbers then we have to pay a 10% deposit to make it happen.
    At most that will be around £75 each. This secures the date in the ACT calendar and booking of accommodation can begin.

Then we'll be racing to the sun!
  • Please put me down as interested, thanks.
  • It's my 50th next year and need a challenge. I'm in:-)
  • permission granted Robbie so count me in please. Will drop deposit in to you next week.
    I'll be training for this on the hills here from April. I plan to up my continuous days here both in distance and climbs to get some hard conditioning in. If anyone is interested I would welcome cycling friends here to share. Accomodation free.
    How about 2 weeks before we go, organising a group ride here for 4-5 days consecutive hard rides.
    That would give you all a week to recover before going out there to do the ride to the sun. I've got all the miles and hills you could wish for and if the weather is as kind as it has been this year you are in for a treat.
    I was robbed of LEJoG by injury so can't miss this one.
  • edited September 2014
    Paris - Nice List to date :

Robbie
    Adam H
    MC
    James D
    Skelders
    Shaun
    Martin H
    John L
    James Mc
    Mick G
    Geoff
    Martin L (S - Nice)

Deposit by Friday 26 Sept to ACT secures the tour and your place. Will give ACT transfer details. Looking like £675 each now with maximum riders so the deposit will be £67.50.

Have I missed anyone?
    Maximum 14... don't miss out !!!
  • Count me in please
  • 11days since you posted this Robbie and 1 slot left...........stunning. Going to be a blast :-)
  • Paris - Nice List to date :

Robbie
    Adam H
    MC
    James D
    Skelders
    Shaun
    Martin H
    John L
    James Mc
    Mick G
    Geoff
    Martin L (S - Nice)
    Phil K

pending on all the above being definites...

One place left!
  • Please can I take the 14th place. Looks like a great trip.
  • edited September 2014
    Paris - Nice List to date :

Robbie
    Adam H
    MC
    James D
    Skelders
    Shaun
    Martin H
    John L
    James Mc
    Mick G
    Geoff
    Martin L (S - Nice)
    Phil K
    Jeremy P

Now we're 14 CCA riders...
    please keep adding names as reserves.
    First come first served etc

Deposits paid by Friday 26 Sept. Reserves be ready...
  • Hi Robbie, can you post the bank transfer details for the money. I assume we reference our transfer as "CC Ashwell Paris Nice Trip"?
  • Will do... I'll talk to ACT.
  • Hi Robbie, MC did such a good sales job on me on the way to Wells on Friday, I'd love to do it- can you put me down for 15th rider in case anyone drops out please? (Not Jenny this time, maybe the following year...).Thanks!
  • Paris - Nice List to date :

Robbie
    Adam H
    MC
    James D
    Skelders
    Shaun
    Martin H
    John L
    James Mc
    Mick G
    Geoff
    Martin L (S - Nice)
    Phil K
    Jeremy P

First reserve : Dave W

Now we're 14 CCA riders...
    please keep adding names as reserves.
    First come first served etc

Deposits paid by Friday 26 Sept. Reserves be ready...
  • You're gonna love me for this...

Ventoux is on the route.

It would be rude not to don't you think?
  • Ventoux? The hardest thing I've ever done on a bike...last July in 39C heat....and that was only a 60 mile ride that day! Bring it on!
  • I now have the booking forms from ACT.
    Please email me to receive one and please then pay by 27 September- the first come first served reserves will kick in on the 28 sept.

Robbie's email : robbie.laughton@callingbrands.com

Ventoux is being considered in the route!
  • Action as above. Most have requested forms already.