Welcome to the forum

Paris - Nice 2015 UPDATE and ACTION

Comments

• 16th and second reserve please. Quite happy to pay my deposit now. Green light has been given.
    V
  • Hope you've all sent deposits or in the process of doing so if you're a deffo. Many have.
    Our two reserves are well up for a place. Deadline 27 Sept as above.
  • Posted cheque today
  • transferred cash Monday :-)
  • thanks for the reminder. will so asap
  • Did mine earlier this week.
  • Latest from Martyn Ryan at ACT cycling:

"Received payment and booking forms from Robbie, Mark C, Martin Hillier, Mick Garrod.

Received payment from J Prodger and T. Skelding, but no booking forms.
    Please chase them for me for a booking form. They can scan them and email. No need to post."

Email : martyn@actcyclingtours.co.uk

If you have paid/mailed Martyn Ryan and your name isn't above, please contact him directly.

It's 21 September today and final deposits must be paid by 27 September.
    On 28 September our reserves will have the option to take places. If your place has come available please post here so our CCA reserves can place deposits.

Cheeeeeeeers : ))

And then it's only the training to do... oh and the dieting and losing a stone or two for me!
  • edited September 2014
    I've just transferred the deposit and emailed the booking form.

Thanks for the reminder, Robbie.
  • Pretty sure I posted a booking form with the cheque - will follow up with ACT?

Would be good to try and get the participants out on a few build up rides during the months before the event. Maybe some weekends with two long hard rides on consecutive days?
  • Just transferred my deposit and emailed booking form to Martyn.

Now to work out a 12 month training plan....and my diet will need me to lose at least 2 stone, preferably more!!

Game on!
  • edited September 2014
    From Martyn at ACT...

"Just to confirm, funds and booking forms now received from Shaun and John L.
    I have now found Jeremy P's booking form, it had accidentally got stapled to the back of another.
    Just needing one now for Skelders."
  • all sorted now Robbie.......posted deposit and form to ACT. Just the training, losing a stone and getting a new bike to sort. Easy !!!!!!!!!!
  • Just emailed Martyn my booking form and made transfer for the deposit
  • Like I said earlier Jeremy.....come up here to Durham for some weekend rides. You need proper hills to get in the swing of things.
  • ACT cycle tours awaiting the following riders to decide by 27 Sept then open to reserves on 28 Sept.

Adam H
    Martin L
    James Mc
  • Robbie, have currently no PC and I think I originally emailed u my form. If u still have it please whizz it over to ACT. Cheers
  • Sorted. Cool.
  • ACT cycle tours awaiting the following riders to decide by 27 Sept then open to reserves on 28 Sept.

Adam H
    Martin L
    James Mc
  • I now won't be going - so over to the Reserve list...

I have been talking to Robbie about a couple of 2015 small rides/trips that would also act as training for these riders. Probably something to work out more at the next club pub night.
  • Thanks for the update Martin and looking forward to the training rides!…. welcome to the tour Dave.
    Two days left for Adam H and James Mc to decide then over to Vince to show us his climbing skills up Ventoux.
  • Thanks very much! I'm paid up and looking forward to it..!
  • Booked and paid.
  • Nice one James! Adam.... Vince is writing his cheque already!
  • 28 Sept... And Vince gets the last place.
    Deposit and forms to send to ACT
  • PARIS - NICE 2015
    FINAL LIST OF RIDERS

Robbie
    MC
    James D
    Skelders
    Shaun
    Martin H
    John L
    James Mc
    Mick G
    Geoff
    Phil K
    Jeremy P
    Dave W
    Vince
  • Sorry - should have opted out sooner. Have a great ride, everyone.
  • edited October 2014
    Update

Met with Martyn from ACT last night to talk through the route and logistics.

Confirming that bike and medium sized bag will be picked up and returned to Ashwell.
    The route will be posted when accurately checked probably in 4-5 weeks time.

We will be setting off from Paris (Versailles) rather than Arc de Triumph due to traffic and making it safer.
    Martyn will have driven the route to find the best way. The route will follow mostly smaller roads through valleys and villages.

There will be 2-3 stops per ride with substantial food and mechanical back-up... each ride being around 110 miles. The first 3 days are pretty flat- think Geoff Denny 100. Then day four has some long climbs but nothing steep like the Fred Witton. Ventoux day five is flat apart from the monster climb most probably done from west to east tbc. And day six is very up and down going into Nice- think Chiltern Classic 100. All very do-able by all of us. That said its down to us all to get the training right.

We will help set a training plan with a numberr of 3 day rides in the spring and summer that simulate what we're going to go through. All good fun!
  • All received mate, when we having are first pub meet?
  • Sounds excellent Robbie.
    Training plan and advice much needed by me please.
    New bike shop on Jermyn Street does bike positioning, training plans and even nutrition.
    Diet and training needs to start now!
    Follow Merckx's advice - don't buy upgrades; ride up grades?
    Will put a few hills into my regular rides.
    Ventoux West to East from Bedoin is the classic route.....

http://www.veloventoux.com/?c=montVentoux

http://inrng.com/2013/07/roads-to-ride-mont-ventoux/

.....nearly killed me last year on only a short 60 mile day, but was good preparation for riding the Prudential London 100 a couple of weeks later!

Except we'll be riding the equivalent of the latter plus 10 miles for 6 days!!
    Better get on with the training!

John
  • Please can you add me to the reserve list in case of any fall outs or training injury's that might come along between now and Sept! :)

Dom