Welcome to the forum

FESTIVE 50's / FESTIVE 500

Comments

• Out tomorrow. Need to get some miles in over the next 4 days
    Any idea of route?
  • Hoping to join you tomorrow- weather's looking ok at the moment, as well. Jenny's birthday tomorrow, so feel free to join us for a celebratory drink afterwards...
  • Geoff - you planning on a festive trip down south?
    Would be good to see you on a festive 50.
    Hope winter in Bowes is treating you well.
  • Grrrrrrrr
    I need a ride.
    Flipity flip. Fedommer.

Happy birthday Jenny.
  • edited December 2015
    See you tomorrow then Vince?
    May even be dry enough for the Spesh.
  • Jeremy I am toying with fixed or steady steel with guards. Special wheels arrived for the spesh.
    Speachless. Definitely a summer stock. Do you need rim tape with carbon clinchers? I am beginning to think so as an inner exploded round one of the spoke holes at 120psi, whilst pumping them up.
  • C'mon, this is WINTER riding. No summer bikes! No showing off - if you've got something to prove, there's plenty of racing at Hillingdon and Lee Valley.

Winter riding is about building a base and working together:

Welcome to 3 months of wet grey and grime ... of riding that numbs our fingers and sharpens our minds. Here's to the wind and the rain and the cold and most of all, to the people I get to ride that with
  • Thanks all for today, great ride, great company. Just what I needed.

If I'm lucky I may get out again on Thursday.

See you all soon,
    Finlay
  • FDFD
    edited December 2015
    Back to work tomorrow so my personal festive facts were:

8 rides
    2 turbo sessions
    250 miles total
    Millions of calories consumed

Good training block to look forward to 2016
  • edited December 2015
    Apologies I didn't say adios to all amigos. It was a quick decision to head home and not be out too long today as there are a few days left before work resumes and I don't want to fall out with the family over spending too long out there building a base

I have just Wiggled my way into a new groupset and set of wheels (thanks Shimano for not designing your 11 speed cassettes to fit a 10 speed cassette body unless its Mavic or Campy) to restore my winter bike with big flaps into action. Nothing like a bit of bike building in the kitchen over the Xmas/New Year break. I think I have everything to do it but no doubt will be scuppered by something tiny but critical to completing the job.

Good to hear you are back up and running John,

Onwards!!
  • Thanks James

Steadily returning to some sort of fitness after many lost end of season weeks.

Looking forward to riding with some/all of the PN team mates in 2016 and other CCA riders

John
  • Thanks for navigating, Carmelo

Amazing sunshine today
  • edited December 2015
    Enjoyed that - thanks everyone for a great day.
    Interesting route through the lanes to Hertford and then out towards the Hadhams.
    Jenny celebrating her birthday in the best way possible (well probably).
    Thought the group stayed together quite well today.
    Another 66miles to add to the tally - nearly there.
    See you at 9am tomorrow.

JP
  • Good route liked that! And birthday wishes!!!
    Same wind direction tmw so head towards Saffron... smiley face.
  • Thanks all for a fab ride, really enjoyed that! Hope to be out later in the week for another one. Enjoy Saffron Walden!
  • edited December 2015
    If it is Saffron then we have to have a cheeky coffee at La Bicicletta.
    Rude not too......
  • That was a good adventure... 65m with a coffee stop at our fave place in Saffron and a tour of Linton's estate!
    Not riding tmw... need a rest. Might be out Thursday or on me rollers.
  • Really enjoyed that. Sunshine and a tidy group. Thanks All
  • Lovely ride,... ,16.6 avg nice tempo ,,feet up would have been nice but am already in
    Cambridge for ice skating!..was hoping it would be too warm for it,,drat..so tired????
  • Yes enjoyed that. Nice Tempo until I had to ride back to Letchworth so slowly that I managed to reduce my average down to 15.5.
    Total of 82 miles today though.
  • Agree with everyone - super ride in perfect weather. We rode well as a group today. Thanks all, and "Happy New Year" in the event I don't see you again beforehand!
  • Seem to have turned my blood to cheese... So am up for tomorrow although sensing some tired legs are emerging. Will there be any takers un the morning?
  • edited December 2015
    Top day out on the bike.
    Tidy tidy tidy group riding - proved we can do it.
    Unfortunately I didn't escape shopping for a new mattress - dragged straight off to Bensons beds.
    Not out until Thursday - should get me badge.

JP
  • I'll be out tomorrow, hopefully we'll have at least a small group
  • ...ahh work have called me back in... Looks like I will not get even a sniff of festive 50 action! Well done though to all those who have earned their badges! Incredible effort
  • We're hoping to be out tomorrow...
  • FDFD
    edited December 2015
    6 miles on the Brompton today commuting across London in the dark.....Still, 6 miles better than none!
  • Change of plan...don't fancy riding in this wind. See you tomorrow.
  • Shaftesbury Avenue was like a wind tunnel this morning - the Brompton was going backwards!!
  • Would like a morning run tomorrow but need to meet friends at Old Warden airfield about 12.00. Any chance of a North West route ?
    Coffee on me if you can get me there. I can bring a map.