Welcome to the forum

FESTIVE 50's / FESTIVE 500

123457»

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Maybe Woburn tomorrow as we've not headed that way yet for a festive 50?
    SW wind so would be tail on the return.
    Old Warden is a short journey from Henlow on the return leg.
    Anybody got our usual Woburn route on their GPS device?
    Just a thought - happy to go with the flow in the morning.

JP
  • Here's the Festive 59 miler from last year with gps link option.

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2870489-ashwell-woburn-ashwell/

Takes in Brickhill at its furthest point. Ta.
  • I'm out tomorrow. Let me know if it is Woburn, as I'll pick the group up coming through Langford
  • Think the group needs to decide on the route.
    I'll be at the Tuns for 9am.
  • edited December 2015
    >10 out today to enjoy the winter sunshine out to Woburn.
    Thanks to Carmello for leading - and using his encyclopaedic knowledge of the local roads.
    Really enjoyed the ride and company.
    Nice way to cap off a great 2015 riding with CCA.
    Happy new year to all CCA riders when it finally comes!

JP
  • Went out solo again! Can't manage 70 miles especially in this wind. woburn soudns beautiful though
  • It was a good route and great to get a sunny ride in, thanks to Carmelo for navigating.

Not sure what was going on on the way back from Henlow. Turned from a festive fifty into more of a smashfest with riders spat out the back on a regular basis... Dave, Jenny and I formed a grupetto of sorts up Langford Hill and had an enjoyable spin back into Ashwell at more of a club run pace.

The ride back to Royston wasnt pretty and I was pedaling through treacle all the way from Litlington to the A505 and back into town. A good 5 hours on the bike for me with 82 miles at 16mph.
  • Yes sorry about that...always a problem with different fitness levels..we tried some 'through and off' at only tempo pace but of course this can be higher for some riders..idea was to stay close together and keep ride together but we obviously failed...some riders needed to get back due to extra time etc..nevertheless in the main a beautiful morning and worth passing through the woods at Woburn ...66 miles at 16.6 avg...see you in 2016
  • Great route Carmelo. Thanks to everyone for helping me back. Just not in the legs today.
    Happy New Year to all.
  • FDFD
    edited December 2015
    Solo 32 miles @ 15mph in the gloaming after work for me. Windy and wet!

That plus 3 commutes this week of 6 miles each takes me just over 300 miles for the festive period.

Happy New Year!