Welcome to the forum

LA MARMOTTE 2011

Comments

• Gentlemen - shirts for this memorable event? Are you all interested? I'm sure if I ask Martin kindly he will design a 'must have, this season, limited edition, fantastic garment'?!

Normal shirts will be £ 39
    Pro shirts £64

unfortunatly the prices have risen a touch due to VAT :-(

If you’re all agreed, let me know your size and type. I have booked a slot with Endura so we're all go :-).
  • Marmotters

I've just received my 'Dossard' numbers from the Marmotte organizers. I'm pointing this out because I nearly deleted this email as spam. It was titled 'Grand Trophee Inscription/Registration' from Sportcom. I thought it was junk for some kind of sporting club trophy engraving service.

So check yer trashcans.

See you Friday. Note: our meeting clashes - nicely - into the CCA committee meeting in the Tuns on Friday eve. So I'll be hanging around for a while if anyone fancies a few Rudolphs.

Tim: I'll go Pro. Medium size. Thanks for organizing.

Martin
  • Tim - great news i will finally get past the Bioracer era of CCA apparel. Put me down for a Pro too - Small please.

Any chance of some blinding white shoe oversocks so we can pretend to be pro?

Spotted the conservatory light on this evening - does this mean the wheels have started turning :-)
  • it does indeed... and very, very painful too!!! my usual 8 week crash diet and training camp for SA began last night!!!
  • Great news - Is your avatar Jan Ulrich??
  • lol... i guess it must be... I seem to rememeber Andy B suggesting the same a couple of years ago.

Some things will never change... eating salad as I type

re: over shoes. I do have some black or blue lycra ones. not much good for keeping you warm but by God they make you go fast ;-)
  • Tim,
    Sorry bit late inreplying on the shirt issue. Yes please. Pro in medium for me.

When do you need to finalise the order?

Daniel
  • Good point Daniel, Skelders put me down for a small pro.

TD
  • Hi tim
    Medium Pro for me please - thanks for sorting
    Iain
  • just booked my flight to Lyon via slagjet. am looking into car hire and cabs if anyone else is flying there and wants to share????
  • I have booked on the same flight as Tim. Going on Wed and coming back on Sunday with Easyjet from Stansted £130 all in. Maybe drive another year...
  • edited January 2011
    did you not go for speedy boarding old chap?

ooooooh that'll be you at the back then with all the pikeys ;-)
  • indeed with my 4 pack of Stella and copy of Razzle!
  • do tell Tim...speedy boarding?!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    I'm on the plane.

null
  • Speedy boarding Geoff is yet another way these robbing toe rags frm so called budget airlines bump up the price and allow a select few, who pay extra, on the plane first.

E.g - flight = £100, however this only includes the cost of hand luggage the size of a Tesco carrier bag. A suitcase Sir? Of that's an extra £30, oh a bike as well?? Oh that's another £30, speedy boarding? Give us another £15 then.... paying by credit card? That's no problem Sir.....£10 extra please!!!!!!!

Got 2 luv these cheap airlines!!!!!

Fortunately for us there is a sale on & my suitcase was a mere £18

8-)
  • Clearly you are taking more outfits with you than a hen weekender would do. I usually find there is enough space in my bike bag for all required and the kitchen sink.
  • edited January 2011
    ooooh Mr Davis, clearly not read the small print, only a bike is allowed in said box and definately not your smalls ;-)

don't forget I will have my spare bike, a couple of wheel sets, support vehicle and Dave Brailsford & Shane Sutton in there already! no room for my dancing trousers...
  • Tim, which flight are you on? and why Lyon? Dont sleazy jet fly to Grenoble?

I nearly got caught out last time with my bike box stuffed with general luggage. It was very heavy and the checkout girl reminded me that you can only put a bike in the box. I told her it was a heavy bike and she was about to make me open it when she got distracted by something else and let me through. I got lucky.

TD
  • during the summer months, Easyjet & Ryanair don't fly to Grenoble. :(

flight 3189 & 3190, Stany to Lyon and back - weds & sun.
  • RAC Route Planner

Lyon-Saint-Exup
  • Geneva to Le Bourg-d’Oisans
    Total Distance: 120.78 mile(s), 194.38 km(s)
    Estimated journey time of: 2 hour(s) 13 minute(s)
  • Turin to Le Bourg-d’Oisans
    Total Distance: 110.62 mile(s), 178.03 km(s)
    Estimated journey time of: 2 hour(s) 36 minute(s)
  • Have also booked the wednesday/sunday sleazyjet. Didnt go with speedy boarding, i prefered the sound of the fighting lager/razzle option.

Incidently, only 2 seats left on the sunday flight at current price.

TD
  • Yes I'm on the Wednesday flight and Sunday return with all the trimmings and extras Skelders kindly pointed out.
  • edited January 2011
    I've looked at various travel options and I think the Easyjet flight to Lyon is as good as anything else. Train or plane work out about the same cost, but you get home earlier flying. So I'm booked too. I found the following on the Easyjet web site;

Sporting equipment
    Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 Kgs including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs.

Daniel
  • point to note, last year when flying to the
  • Yes, i hope the amount of bikes on that flight is not a problem. I know that some airlines, british airways was one, had a maximum number of bikes on any flight and that people have been refused them at the airport (possibly not prebooked, as bikes were free on BA).

I cant see anything on the easyjet website so say they have a maximium bike number and you would hope having pre booked them that they can foresee the CCA bike onslaught!
  • sounds reasonable Tim, but word of caution about assuming ...I'm not going obviously, but would hate to see any of you disappointed.....
  • edited January 2011
    Well their 'related regulations' state "Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 Kgs including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs." Surely Easyjet would not allow you to pre-book too many bikes? (Anything is possible with Ryanair). In the worst case scenario then we drive or hire bikes there; there are places.
    In the meantime, if you plan to fly, book now!
    Daniel