Welcome to the forum

CHILTERN 100 - 5th June 2011 - a great local challenge!

edited December 2010 in Sportives
We fielded a pretty strong team this year, who's up for it next year?

A great warm up for those alpine challenges!

individual registration in New Year

minimum 8 ,max 15 in a team, I have registered a Team which guarantees 15 places already!

http://www.chiltern-hundred.org.uk/

Comments

• I missed this one in 2010, so I definately want to join this Blue Train event.

Daniel
  • edited December 2010
    welcome aboard daniel

:-)

any other Marmotteers???? or
  • Hi Tim, can you put my name down for a place. I've done the medio distance of this event for the last 2 years (pre me joining CCA) and it is a very good.

BTW, any news on when that winter kit is arriving? in time for Xmas?

Cheers
    Lee
  • I have just emailed Endura. our order is complete but due to the recent weather issues in Scotland they have a two week back log! should be here ASAP. will arrange a pub night next week.
  • This was my first ever sportive when I did it last year and it is a top event. Count me in this year Tim.

Chris
  • I'm in Tim

When does training resume?
  • As soon as my clients stop requiring entertaining!!

Christmas... bah humbug.... if its not ice on the roads its ice in my clients drinks!!! will i ever lose this new found waisteline????
  • Hi Tim,count me in.

Malcolm
  • last years ride was great so definately up for it again in 2011
    tim - do we need to register individually or does your team entry sort it out?

now just need to remind myself where the bike is and i suppose actually ride it a bit...
  • I will be seeing the organisor today so will confirm but I believe the team entry will cover it.
  • I'm also a glutton for punishment and will return to the sheer suffering of the Whitehill and sister 'peaks'!
    So count me in please.
    Peter G
  • so thats:

Mois
    Daniel
    Lee
    Chris
    James
    Malcolm
    Stef
    Peter

7 more for a full team or more if we run two????

Robbie? Martin? Phil A? Phil K? Mark C? Andy H?
  • skelders
    if you need a tail end charlie and are body's short to make a team you can count me in.
    strappy.
  • I'm interested..anything for a bit more pain......will join you as tail end charlie Tony...do I have to enter or anything Tim, or just settle with you later??
  • I'd love to give this a go; please count me in, as part of the team if poss. Cheers.
  • Hi Tim

Sounds great. And a good crowd going to it too.

I'll sell this in as essential Marmotte training... so count me in too.

cheers
  • defo!

did it last year. brill
  • One more required for a full team! The below 14 are guaranteed entry, I will let you know costs etc when i know and will also need a few registration details but no rush yet.

We can always put a second team in??

Tim
    Daniel
    Lee
    Chris
    James
    Malcolm
    Stef
    Peter
    Strappy
    Phil A
    Geoff
    Martin
    Mark C
    ScouseChris
  • I would love to sign up for this but im afraid family commitments that weekend.

It was a brilliant ride this year and i think looking at the CCA team sheet you should be in with a shout of a good result.

I must admit there was a couple of hills this year that were just unbelievable and me and Peter G had plenty of swear words to describe each one.

Good training for your Marmotte event for sure.
  • cheers skelders!
  • Hi Guys, can I jump on Scouse Chris's wheel and take the 15th slot, Declan
  • edited December 2010
    declan!!

welcome to the pleasure dome!!

good lad

you about xmas?
  • Yes Chris, I'm around - if the snow clears maybe a few miles - if not continue with the Ho Ho Ho !!
  • So lets put a second team in then!! come on guys, its a great event a pretty local :-)
  • Have just noticed this clashes with The Dragon Ride.......Talking of which entries for which open on 29th Dec at midnight!
  • Can you add my name to the growing list, thanks
  • edited December 2010
    we lookin good boys!!
  • an Update, please read the following from Eddie Spriggs the organisor. We can't put another Team in but for example mickg, you can enter as an individual if you wish and join the 'blue train' its just your time won't get added to the team numbers. Having said that James, do i take it from your comments that you are Dragon riding instead? If yes, then Mickg can have your place. so the CCA Team =

Tim
    Daniel
    Lee
    Chris
    James
    Malcolm
    Stef
    Peter
    Strappy
    Phil A
    Geoff
    Martin
    Mark C
    ScouseChris
    & Declan

with any other interested parties needing to enter as an individual.

team, please read below how you enter, pay etc... DON'T FORGET TO STATE YOUR TEAM NAME !! Cycle Club Ashwell

Hi Tim

Well done for getting your places assigned.

We don’t operate second teams as we like to spread entries across a number of Clubs.

No worries just tell all your members that want to enter to do so within 2-3 weeks. After that we might sell out.

Regarding payments, every member of your team enters normally and pays for themselves. You just need to make sure they all enter the same team name.

Eddie

Hope that is clear :-)
  • just read the website (might have helped!!) entries open on 15th Jan. We have 15 places, as above, guarenteed however any aditional riders who sign up, pop our team name in your entry and you will be included. Of the 15 names above you need to register yourself against our team name. I believe it will be a first come first served basis.
  • Might be an idea to decide on the same team name then.
    CCA/CCAshwell/CC Ashwell/Cycle Club Ashwell etc...
    See what I mean?