Welcome to the forum

CHILTERN 100 - 5th June 2011 - a great local challenge!

Comments

• absolutely, that is why I suggested - Cycle Club Ashwell - above in bold ;-)
  • Sorry about that I'm breaking in some new spectacles for Grandma.
  • edited January 2011
    thanks Tim....Just for the record everyone...our club is officially Cycle Club Ashwell...no other variation..british cycling should have this...our bank accounts are the same...CCA is for short. ccashwell .com is the easy to remember mail and internet addresses..so geoff@ or tim@ and www. are the appropriate prefix
  • i am not doing the Dragon Ride. Thought it would be good prep for the marmotte but cant be ar**d to go all that way when i can suffer greatly within an hours drive...
  • I'm probably going to do the medio distance again this year.
  • registration is now open so dont forget to sign up... remember team name - Cycle Club Ashwell
  • I am also entered. Looking forward to riding the event and being part of the infamous Blue Train.

Daniel
  • I'm signed in :-)
  • Just to reiterate for those who want to be in the 'team' for the Gran Fondo -

IT IS YOU RESPONSIBILITY TO SIGN UP AND PAY QUOTING CYCLE CLUB ASHWELL AS YOUR TEAM!

All I did was reserve the Team slot. :-)
  • skelders
    just signed on as cycle club ashwell as per your instuction bet its not as easy as the ride its self.
    see you later my marmotte jersey is large & pro cheers mucker
    strappy
  • all signed up..GULP
  • envy creeping in but will be moving back into our house, post renovation and pre-painting that week so no chance. Darn.
    now it is getting to that time of the year when a weekend trip to wales might be in order. i know of a great barn just outside oswestry (3.5hours drive from here in the welsh borders). Hilly terrain - lake virnwy, Bala also Llangollen and the horseshoe pass in spitting distance (well 75m round trip or thereabouts. if interested can book the bothy and arrange a trip.
    Comfortable bunk accommodation. massive kitchen and hall dining, party zone. could do it with kids or purely for a cycle adventure.
    just sounding you out. Martin do you wish to set up a new chat for this one.
    my suggestion would be serious cycling boys weekend. proper ride saturday, live it large saturday night and easier but decent sunday ridebefore returning after lunch.
    Suggest for latter part of Feb or early March.
    Vincent
  • sounds good...let's see if it has legs Vincent
  • I'm liking your plan Vincent. I have a similar plan to help the Marmotteers whip themselves into shape, working title 'Majorcan Training Camp' (location Wales). I was thinking some of the Royal Wedding weekend, April 29-May2 and a Youth Hostel. Of course it doesn't have to be exclusively Marmotte goers......
    Vince, do start a sperate thread for your plan and I'll post the details of my 'Majorcan Training Camp' when I have converged on a few more details.
    Daniel
  • There are still a few places left on this if you want to join in. I think the 'Cycle Club Ashwell' team may well have reached the max but you can still enter as an individual, state 'Cycle Club Ashwell' anyway incase there are any drop outs?

Its a great ride :-)
  • Clashes with The Boskman, long distance tri in the New Forest. So I'll think of you when we're all on the bike, and when you've all finished drinking tea chatting - when I'm on the run!
  • Have signed up to this (hopefully get a pass!). Will tag on to the blue train for as long as possible (official team is full i believe)!
    Iain
  • just had lunch with the organiser and there are 16 places left!! If you want to enter do so quickly and don't forget to quote 'Cycle Club Ashwell' in that format on your entry. Eddie has said they will take our top 6 results from ALL our CCA riders (so no team limit!). Looks like we've got a bigger team than all the rest then ;-)
  • make that 14.....
  • edited March 2011
    WOW! Well done guys, that takes us up to 20 CCA riders!!!! bring on the Blue Train

109 Gran Fondo Martin Lawless Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    113 Gran Fondo McGrath Declan Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    13 Gran Fondo Mick Garrod Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    145 Gran Fondo James Davis Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    156 Gran Fondo CHRIS SMITH Cycle Club Ashwell CYCLE CLUB ASHWELL
    159 Gran Fondo Geoffrey Godschalk Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    169 Gran Fondo Lee Holmes Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    177 Gran Fondo Chris Belcher Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    280 Gran Fondo Peter Green Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    298 Gran Fondo Philip Carter Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    334 Gran Fondo MARK CONSTABLE Cycle Club Ashwell CYCLE CLUB ASHWELL
    37 Gran Fondo Stefan Dixon Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    47 Gran Fondo Daniel Doncaster Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    58 Gran Fondo Tim Skelding Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    79 Gran Fondo Tony Strapp Cycle Club Ashwell cycle club ashwell
    864 Gran Fondo James Quiggin Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    869 Gran Fondo Iain Foulkes Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    905 Gran Fondo Jason Stuart Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    972 Gran Fondo Theo Doncaster Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
    973 Gran Fondo Philip Keen Cycle Club Ashwell Cycle Club Ashwell
  • Make that 13....
  • 22 CCA riders are now signed up!! This must be a record??? any more takers???
  • edited May 2011
    Hi

I have a Gran Fondo entry for this sportive but am now unlikely to make it.

Let me know if you're interested before Weds pls. (d_estall@yahoo.co.uk)

Can post, etc ...
  • what's the plan for Sunday? we all staring together, lifts etc
    Lee
  • Mark, you should receive an email from the organiser with all you need to know in there. We have been asked to state a time for a team photo - 7:30???, I suggest we aim for the early start :-)

btw, I'm a new member, looking forward to Sunday... my Brompton should be OK for the odd bump I think :-)
  • welcome aboard Billy!

i'm driving and got space for 1 + bike at the moment if anyone needs a lift
  • that space gone already, sorry!
  • I will be driving over so will have a space for 1 rider and bike