Welcome to the forum

Prudential London 100

Comments

• Hi Stef 100% up for a team place if possible.
    Massive thanks for arranging again.
    Tom
  • I got a place, hope I won't need the snorkel this year!
  • Hi Steph

200% up for a team place if possible.

Tania
  • hi, i now have details of the club challenge for team entries, see below.
    will do our entry in the next few days so last chance if you want a place - post here

Key dates

Team entries open today (Wednesday 4 March) and close at 1700 on Monday 23 March 2015. Successful teams will be informed by Friday 30 March 2015.The event takes place on Sunday 2 August 2015.

If a club application is successful, each rider within the team will need to pay their own entry fee (£58) and complete their own online entry form. All team members must have completed and paid for their entry by 17 April 2015 or the team will lose its place.

Any club represented in the 2014 Club Challenge is guaranteed, upon application, a minimum of one team in the 2015 Club Challenge. There are places for 400 teams in total. If applications are received for more than 400 teams, a ballot will be held.

Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member at the time of entry and on the day of the event.

Riders who hold an Elite or 1st Category British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
  • Ok the team application has gone in, we'll find out by 30th march what we've got.

list of riders from above who would make up the teams if we get them, fingers crossed
    mixed1
    mark w
    stuart
    jackie
    jenny

male1
    ray bm
    taff
    andrew r
    john jt

mixed 2
    mark f
    anna f
    bob s
    tania

male2
    chris 6522
    tom d
    adam r
    dave norris
  • received this from organisers today:

Good morning,
    Thank you for applying for team entries in the 2015 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 British Cycling Club Challenge.
    We have received more than 1000 applications for 400 team places. Due to the high demand a ballot will now be held and you will be informed by 17.00 on Thursday 2 April.
    We are sorry for the delay.
    Regards,

Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 team
  • Hi, we had enough people for 4 teams, but I applied for 5 teams to try and boost our chances. We have been awarded 3 team places, 1 mixed and 2 male teams. Unfortunately we missed out on one of the mixed teams which is frustrating.
    Looking back at the order that people posted their interest I have allocated places below. If you think I've made a mistake let me know. Really sorry for those that didn't get in, but watch this space in case anyone doesn't take up their place. Also everyone make sure you've paid your subs by end April or you won't be eligible.

We will get the entry links on 13th April and all entries will need to be made by 6th May. I'll send the entry links out as soon as I get them. Otherwise will leave it to the teams to sort themselves out and make sure everyone has entered on time.

Mixed team
    Jenny
    Jackie
    Stuart
    Mark w

Male team 1
    John JT
    Adam R
    Ray BM
    Taff

Male team 2
    Andrew R
    Mark F
    Bob S
    Chris6522

Waiting list men
    Tom D
    Dave Norris
    Waiting list women
    Anna F
    Tania
  • Thanks for the update Steph, that's great news for some, sorry for those who weren't so lucky this time. I'd better get raining now!
  • Thanks Stef. Subs paid.
    John
  • Anna & I had only ever planned to ride it together in a mixed team so since she didn't make it I'll withdraw. So, Tom D - you're in!

Many thanks Stef for organising - much appreciated.

Mark F
  • Hi Mark

Sorry to hear but thanks!

where and how do I sign up and in?

tom
  • Thanks for sorting all of this Stef. Will look out for the links.

Stuart
  • Hi, have now received the links for you to enter- each person needs to do their own entry using the link below, and entries need to be completed by by 5pm on the 6 May 2015 or the team will lose its place. Full details below.

Mixed team
    entry link mixed team
    Jenny
    Jackie
    Stuart
    Mark w

Male team 1
    entry link male team 1
    John JT
    Adam R
    Ray BM
    Taff

Male team 2
    entry link male team 2
    Andrew R
    Tom D
    Bob S
    Chris6522

From the organisers:
    Each rider must pay their own entry fee (£58) and complete their own online entry form. All 4 riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by 5pm on the 6 May 2015 or the team will lose its place. This date will not be extended under any circumstances, so please do ensure all your riders have completed this prior to the closing date. Ensuring your riders have complied with this deadline is the responsibility of the Club Secretary.

Team checklist

? A team must comprises of four riders.
    ? Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member.
    ? Teams can comprise of four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women.
    ? Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
    ? Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

If you have any enquires please email clubs@ridelondon.co.uk
  • Hi Stef

thanks for this. When I tried the link it asks for a charity link?

Not sure what this is?

Will try the email if you don't know

Stuart
  • Hi Stuart
    hadnt spotted that and no, not sure what that is - looks like a mistake on their part - or does it work if you ignore that bit and just enter your email address?

If not best to email them I think.
  • It seems to be working ok now...I've entered and paid.
  • Thanks Jenny

will sort ours later
  • Ray can no longer make it so Dave Norris you now have a place in Male Team 1 - see entry links above.
  • Chaps.. This is great, I am now in the process of sorting out some annual leave as I am working that weekend. My work is not great and the leave is not guaranteed.. I will let you all know asap.

Chris
  • All booked for me :)
    I've set ride time as an optimistic 6hrs
    Adam
  • Thanks guys. Booked in and paid.
  • All booked and paid 4.30 - 39
  • Likewise booked and paid 4:30-4:39
  • All booked and paid
    John
  • I called them today and was told:

1) Start times will be sent in the post about 3wks before the event
    2) Riders can change their Expected Ride Time during the next week or so. (She couldn't tell me exactly when that option closes, so you might have longer but don't bank on it)
  • I am out because I am working still.. really sorry my initial application for leave at work was blocked. I had appealed this and was hoping that It would have been sorted by today but still no answer.

I am due back at work on Wednesday 29th and I don't want to leave it that late for you guys to get a replacement as it needs to be sorted early May.

Sorry for any inconvenience and I hope you get a replacement. If your completely stuck for a replacement then I have a friend that could step in, although he is not a member of the club. Maybe as a last resort?
  • James H was interested (Ashwell member) so may be able to take the place if you're definitely going to drop out ....assuming no-one else has first dibs on your place.

Stef,

Do you know if anyone else has first call on Chris's team place before I contact James - if we don't get anyone to replace then it would mean the whole Team goes out the window!

Bob
  • I am hoping this is sorted, I have my boss next to me and has assured me that I will have the day off. Was panicking as the duties department have not got back to me and I did not want to stitch you guys up.

Panic over
  • Hi male team 1.

I have booked in with an unrealistic time of six and half hours. What time have you entered ? I will try and alter my time to coincide with you guys so we all get the same start time.

Let me know.

Thanks Dave.
  • Good news that you are sorted Chris.
    If someone else drops out (male) there' s no one else on the wait list so will just be first come first served.
    There is a women's waiting list but unfortunately you can't substitute men/women so only relevant if one of the women drop out.

Still got plenty of time before the cut off, but just a reminder to register to those that haven't yet.