Welcome to the forum

Prudential London 100

Comments

• Dave, Adam has shown 6 and I have shown a v optimistic 5.30

Taff is the 4th member of our team but he does not appear to have registered yet. Does anyone know Taff and can maybe give him a gentle reminder.

Not having done it before I'm not sure what to expect but I assume it's fairly chaotic at the start with so many riders, and the further up the time slot the less congested it is hence my optimistic time. If someone's done it before maybe they could advise us.
  • I presume all team members have the same start time.
    I have done this ride before and whist busy at the start it is not too chaotic.
    You d have to be there about an hour before your start time so either an early rise or stay near Stratford.
    The team does not have to ride together.
    I don't mind what start time, but a Cav is riding the pro race I may hang around at the finish to watch them.

Adam
  • Hi All

For the club teams then start time is decided by the slowest target time chosen by any member of your team of 4.

JT I think you are on the right lines but I would be even more "optimistic" if I were you. It's a very fast ride being mostly flat and sheltered on closed roads.

It is my strong advice that you all agree to put down a short time (sub 5 hours), this gives you a much better chance of being out earlier which is good.

As Jane says further up this thread you have a chance to change your times for the next few days so I would take advantage of that.

Rgds Andrew
  • Sounds like good advice how do you change the time.
    Thanks
    John
  • Has anyone else had a problem with the team links. I still keep getting page cannot be displayed

Stuart
  • I've just registered for the ride. Sorry I didn't do it earlier. I also put a time of 5.30hrs, but I hadn't seen the above posts prior to doing so.

Really looking forward to the ride!
  • Stuart - Ive emailed you the link as you are having problems accessing via the forum.

In 2013 the start was very well organised, and we managed to get a large group (20 ish?) of cca riders together in the pen. So if people do all put down the same estimated time, there is a chance we will all get similar start times and be able to meet at the start and ride together initially at least. And the faster times should guarantee an earlier start, with other fast riders and plenty of opportunities to draft.

The estimated time doesnt affect anything else, so there is no downside in putting a time that you think is faster than you will actually do, plus you might be surprised at how fast this ride is.
    i cant remember what i put down when i originally entered, but will try and change to 4:30-39 as per others above.
  • Stef how do you change the time?
    John
  • Hi John - call them and they'll do it over the phone. (I couldn't find a way of doing it online, but that doesn't mean it's impossible)

BTW I've just changed mine from 4hr 40-49 to 4hr 30-39, which is rather optimistic, but that gives me a chance of starting with Tom D's team and the stronger riders. You definitely shouldn't set your time at 5hr or more (unless you particularly want to start with riders who are less capable than you are)
  • likewise cant work out how to do it online.
    will call them tomorrow.
  • I have just changed my time to 4 30-39 over the phone. However I was advised by the operator that it may make no difference as we are v close to the cut off date for making changes. I
    John
  • Jackie and I both now signed up @ 4.39. Seems my home PC had a problem with Stefs link so did it at work.
  • just done the same John, fingers crossed.
  • I've just tried to call to change my predicted time to 4.30-39 over the phone. The operator asked me to email their helpdesk as they would need the request to be made in writing.

So, I'm waiting for a confirmation email.
  • just emailed helpdesk to change time to 4.30-39.
    See what happens!
  • Stevie and I have stuck with a slower time of about 6.5 hours. We won't be able to stay with a fast start and this gives us more chance of finding others of a similar standard to ride with.

It worked well for us last year.

Mark.
  • received email back from the helpdesk:-

"we do not change predicted times after registration"

Have to wait and see what start time I get allocated.
  • After sending my time request via email and not hearing anything back I decided to phone them. The operator changed my predicted time to 4.30-39. There were no problems doing it, seems like it depends on who you speak to.
    Cheers.
  • Looks like all 3 teams have all 4 riders registered now - well done.

Like Taff I called them and she changed my time over the phone... at least she said she was doing it and I could hear her tapping at her keyboard so hopefully I'm on 4:30-4:39 too!
  • edited May 2015
    I phoned this morning and changed my time to 4.30. No probs!
  • Got my start time by email.
    6.00 start, so have to be there about 5.30
    Book somewhere nice for a late lunch?
    Assume the rest of the team are the same.
  • Jackie and I are 6.54
  • Have sent their helpdesk (helpdesk@ridelondon.co.uk) an email as I haven't received my start wave info yet. Apparently everyone should have got an email yesterday but looking at the number of comments on their FB page I am guessing there have been some issues with this and phoning their helpdesk has taken over 20mins to get through!
  • I also got 6.54. The subject of the email was misleading - Transport booking form - so I missed the email until I saw this thread. It also seems you must complete the transport options form otherwise your booking for the event will not be complete.
  • Thanks Jenny: I missed that email and have now just relooked. I think we all generally ignore any email titled 'IMPORTANT'. Yes: we all need to fill out the form to complete registration [by 20th July].

All sorted.

Start Area: Orange
    Wave: C
    Wave Load opening time: 05:15:00
    Wave Load closing time: 05:45:00
    Start Time: 06:27:00 - By CCA sunrise ride standards: a proper lie-in!
  • Have received my information now:
    Start area: pink
    Wave: B
    Load opening time: 05:51:00
    Load closing time: 06:21:00
    Start time: 06:57:00

Just got to figure out the best car park to head for
  • mine came through this afternoon, exactly the same as Martin's

• Start Area: Orange
    • Wave: C
    • Wave Load opening time: 12/30/1899 5:15:00 AM
    • Wave Load closing time: 12/30/1899 5:45:00 AM
    • Start Time: 12/30/1899 6:27:00 AM

Looking forward to it!
  • My start time is 6am.
    John
  • edited July 2015
    Looks like our team got an early time too - so Tom, Bob, Chris and me.

Start Area: Blue
    Wave: A
    Load opening time: 5:12:00 AM
    Load closing time: 5:42:00 AM
    Start Time: 6:00:00 AM
  • VicVic
    edited July 2015
    Not riding this year, but found out yesterday that I will be there, as I've won an competition prize as a guest of Skoda and will be following Cav, Wiggo et al. in the pro race in one of their cars.
    Really excited about seeing a big race from this perspective & must remember not to drink much if I'm going to be in a car for hours with no comfort break!