Welcome to the forum

PARIS - NICE 2015 TRAINING WEEKENDS

Comments

• Any chance you could whisper me your mobile number please Geoff? If for any reason I get up earlier than expected, I'll ring and come and find you all at the pub, otherwise, I'll see you when you get back. Have a good ride tomorrow, see you at some point.
    Cheers,
    dave.
  • Geoff - BBC forecast looks ok for all three days? Sunday heavy rain later in afternoon when we'll be on the A1. Definitely want to ride all three days regardless of the weather.

Dave, if you arrive at Geoffs in the dark - watch out for the sheep droppings especially if your heading into the mobile home.

All packed up and ready to hit the road tomorrow morning - should be a great weekend.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks Geoff - really excellent weekend of cycling and banter. Pleased to say we escaped the Herts rain in Yorkshire this weekend. Enjoyed all three routes and will be careful about asking for so many hills next time!

Strava stats were:

Day 1 - 88miles and 3600ft at 17mph
    Day 2 - 87miles and 9600ft at 13mph
    Day 3 - 31miles and 2700ft at 13mph

Hopefully see you in August.
  • A pleasure ..I think!!!
    For me it was a sign that 3 continuous hard days riding left my legs hurting but still working.
    I reckon that with a few more weeks in the legs the trip is looking good.
    Shaun and I have considered the August routes and I am going to alter them to give us all longer but less steep inclines which closer match the French climbs.
    However, given the nature of our terrain there is a limit to how close I can match them.
    This should make the rides a little faster but easier to keep together as a group.

Very good social content as always and good to see Dave up for his first taste of our routes.
    Hope Robbie got back o.k. and my new bike rides like a dream.
    One very tired but happy rider.
  • Great weekend, thanks for your hospitality and routes Geoff!
    Pretty full-on rides, particularly Saturday - I was ticking off a fair number of hills we did in the 100 greatest climbs book, which rubber-stamps the calibre of the ride - I didn't even realise we did Fleet Moss...
    https://www.strava.com/activities/354618777
    See you in Paris!
  • Great time thanks Geoff and all. Pretty big day Saturday oh yes... but we all managed it without any fuss! We all took it in turns to admire the Shiny New Bike which would look very fitting in a trendy London retro bike shop! Record time home... 3 hours flat door to door. Until the next time...
  • Thanks Geoff for the great hospitality yet again. Starting to get my climbing legs back now. Looking forward to the next one...
  • Welcome Shaun and all. Was a fun weekend.

After reviewing the routes for August I am proposing these routes as they give a better mix of climbs whilst still challenging you all.

Please check them out and let me know how you feel about them. I have taken out the 25% section on day 2.

Day 1 ...... http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/776831293 ..... 100 mile flat route 4300 ft climbing

Day 2 ...... http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/702631415 ..... 106 mile hilly route 8800 ft climbing

Day 3 ...... http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/803294361 ..... 78 mile steady route 5000 ft climbing

Days 1 & 2 have caf
  • Routes look good to me.
  • sounds like a tough one gents!

I managed 6 great rides in sunny Portugal - temp hit 45degs on one ride!! made France seem positively chilly lol.

hoping to make the last training weekend, can i reseverve my room geoff ;-)
  • first come and all that. Sorted Tim...CU
  • so who is coming next week????? and how did Scotland go guys????
  • I'm in :-)
  • As previously mentioned, I'm definitely coming up. Let me know what to bring etc, thanks.
  • Looking good for Friday 10.30 : )
  • Still negotiating a pass for Saturday.
  • Anyone wanting to share lift, please whisper me - space for 4 including bikes.
  • bring her up Jeremy...plenty of capacity and a nice break....dogs should get along :-)
  • edited August 2015
    One request Geoff, pleeeeeeaaaaaase sort the weather out this time ;-)
  • I did Tim, but you weren't here last time. :-)
    Has been exceptional. Mostly dry and sunny. Predictor for next weekend doesn't look brilliant but the weather can change very fast here.
    At least it won't be cold.
    Went out yesterday for a cheeky 66 mile flat ride and then went for a 6 mile walk with our friends to view Low Force and High Force waterfalls. Legs o.k. today but have to do courier duty rather than ride the bike. You lot are going to be well fitter than me.
  • have been on a recent ride and have had to make a couple of changes to day 1 route. Please use this link to get the latest version. Sorry if you have already loaded the route.
    http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/776831293
  • James,

I have some brake pads for Geoff, could you take these up please. I drop them off at yours if you whisper your address.

Thanks
  • Gents, unfortunately I too am going to have to pull out - sorry Geoff - a lot of personal cr@p has blown up in the last week and I need to stay and sort it.

sorry to let you down guys - geoff, Shaun & JMac
    :-(
  • sorry too guys but work and family come first for you all....I know you will breeze the Paris/Nice and will see you then. We'll be fine. Would be nice to have some idea of numbers.
  • had a couple more call-offs. Can't be helped. Best we call it off officially guys as families and work need looking after. Keep training and I will see you all in Paris. If anyone still wants to come up then they are welcome. The mobile home is always available. Just let me know though please.
  • Chaps....

Im view of not going up to Geoff's this weekend..... I'll be riding the GD100 with Skelders on Friday probably starting at 8am.
    Then Martin's ride on Saturday : )
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for your effort Geoff. Sorry this one didn't work out :(

See you in Paris! It's going to be epic.
  • edited August 2015
    Sorry to hear this fell through. The two Yorkshire weekends I joined were great fun and really helped get me through NC500. Sure the members who made the effort to come up will reap similar benefits on Paris Nice.

Catch you in Paris - looking forward to that first beer.
  • Geoff - looks like there a three 100 mile rides planned from the Three Tuns for Fri-Sun. Might be worth considering a trip down to Ashwell if family and work permit?

Might be am opportuntity to pick up the jersey as well.
  • Doesn't work out for me Jeremy but thanks for the thought. I will do the rides I planned for us up here and see you all in Paris... Have a good ride folks.