Welcome to the forum

PARIS - NICE 2015 TRAINING WEEKENDS

123457»

Comments

• My training has definitely begun the tapering phase. Some early bird rides this weekend as have friends over. Losing out on last week was not great. Now pinning my hopes on building throughout the French week to be ready to ride some cyclocross with some decent form. Fingers crossed we will get stronger on the Tour.
    Haven't yet done back to back rides all year. Ouch.
  • don't worry Vince.....I'm sure you will smash it and get stronger. Good luck to the guys doing a long 3 cafes this Sat. Looking like reasonable weather from Thursday to Saturday so planning 3 back to back rides as my last gasp effort to get ready....this was my last 108 miler.at 15 mph av.....4500 ft climbing and constant 20+mph winds for the first 65 miles...was knackered but o.k. to ride next day. I'm slow but think I might get there now.
    http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/830252797
  • Geoff - did you complete the three rides last weekend? Sounds like you are doing plenty of miles and no need to worry.
  • edited August 2015
    No Jeremy....weather horrendous Friday and Sat. Managed Sunday but have other stuff needs sorting on farm...getting hay in is critical this time of year. water pump rebuild is scheduled before I go to Paris...hoping service kit gets here before then..£250 just to repair it if I do the work!!!
    Rex is feeling sad because he has been snipped and not allowed to exercise hard. See you all soon.