Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League Season 2

Comments

• I’ve secured a family pass so I’ll ride if you’re short. But if you have numbers I’ll sit out.
  • Paul B would like to race in the B's if we are short and need an extra rider.
  • Got a few hours off before work, can only fit in the B race though.
  • edited January 2021
    Evening all,

So all in we have 13 riders including birthday boy Rob. Happy Birthday!

So if Rob was allowed some time off the bike with his family, then that leaves 12, including newcomers Vince and Paul B.

So that leaves 3 spaces in Team A to fill with Bs. Points will be difficult to earn on the choppy Yorkshire course unless in the front group. Therefore more powerful Bs should race in B for max B points.

Also to give Paul and Vince a good introduction into team racing, they should go into Bs too. So based on results to date and to give a bit of mix from the norm.

Team B

Vince
    Paul B
    Graham
    Dan
    Chris P
    Stef

Team A

Chris L
    Dave
    Matt P
    Matt S
    Martin
    Tim

Matt and I will send separate links shortly as normal.

Vince, your ZwiftPower looks good (nice ride on the 2nd December!) Sign up on ZwiftPower to CCA team.

Paul B, sorry not sure to check yours. If you sign up to CCA on ZwiftPowerthen your name will come up.

Time now to work out where those bonus points are!
  • A!! reminds me of last season!
  • Couple of additional thoughts:

Gaps are very difficult to close on the choppy bits so try to come over the top in a group. If not the mob speed on the descent will gather and hit the base of the next climb fast and with fresh legs smash the climb leaving anyone off the back well behind.

The trick to gain max speed into the KOM (as for last week but even better as the speed is higher) is to keep to the back of group on the decent, and then power early on the bridge to gain max speed and you'll soon end up on the front.
  • Good luck guys and welcome Vince and Paul. I'll be cheering for you as I eat birthday cake washed down with a glass of red!!
  • Matt S. I had a thought, can you ride in Team A as captain of Team B?
  • Riding in A will be a reall challenge, but I'll give it my best. Two objectives: not be last, and score more than one point!
  • Good point Matt, just looked and nominated team captains can only be associated with 1 team...
  • OK Matt. In which case we need another volunteer to move from B to A. Chris, Dan or Stef, fancy it? Chris and Dan have done a couple of As recently, so perhaps Stef?

Tim, There's 13 points up for grab for 50th so plenty of valuable points to score.
  • I'm easy with whatever..i'll defer to Stef :)
  • Sure I can give the A race a go.
  • edited February 2021
    Ok, so just to confirm...

Team B

Vince
    Paul B
    Graham
    Dan
    Chris P
    Matt S

Team A

Chris L
    Dave
    Matt P
    Stef
    Martin
    Tim

I will send B invite link shortly.

Stef, does Paul have a WTRL account?.. Vince you will need one also.
  • Matt - I have got Paul on the case to join WTRL, get Discord, join CCA on ZP etc etc. Will let you know when done and make sure he gets the B invite link.
  • Hi Stef/Matt....Hope all well and many thanks for including me in this..really looking forward to the first race with CCA. I've changed my username on Zwift to include (CCA) for ease of recognition...and have joined WTRL, and sent a request on ZP asking to join CCA. Hopefully all good to receive the B invite link now, but please let me know if I need to do anything more...cheers, Paul
  • Cheers to Paul, accepted you on ZwiftPower. I'll send the Team B link now on the forum messenger
  • As i'm in B today going to see if i can cling nearer the front for some bonus FAL/FTS points and go from there..this course is always horrendous, can't wait
  • It's worth taking a look at the ZP results from when we raced this course on 8th Dec. KoM for B's was around 2:25, I guess it could be quicker now that FTS points are on offer. The sprint times were around 20s.
  • Well done all. Another brutal race!

Good result ChrisP. Top 10 in the Bs.

Extraordinary effort from ChrisL to keep the two of us together as a second pair on the road in the final few kms for 3rd and 4th.

A tough but enjoyable night's racing.
  • Yes, great effort from ChrisP to make top 10 in B. Think we got hammered by Ajax with 4 riders in the top 10 tho!! Def missed Dan (Out with a punctured WiFi) being up there as well.

Well done chaps in A, sounds like a great team effort.
  • Top stuff..my plan was to bag as many bonus points in the KOM as i could and see what happens in the sprint/at the finish, i hope a really small group would get stay away but a larger group came back over the KOM, scored well which helped
  • Well done guys, I'm totally gutted to have missed that. I was in the start pen with 4mins to go and then everyone disappeared. Couldnt get back in on time.
  • Hard luck Dan. That happened to me last week: in the pen and mid race. I just kept going and people reappeared eventually. Not great. It might be an Apple thing, reading some of the blogs.

Will likely have a pop on a short race Thursday/Friday and will let u know. Cheers.
  • Happened to me tonight mid-race, just seemed to lose the network for about 30 seconds then everyone came back. I'm on Android. Not sure if it's a general internet/wifi issue, or a Zwift-specific problem.

Great effort Martin leading our little group round for most of the race, you set me up nicely for the attack on the final KOM.
  • Really enjoyed the race tonight. Well done everyone. Top work ChrisP scoring some super points for the Bs.
    I found the front group on the 1st lap was quite steady, didnt break up much until the KOM. Had a bit of a scare when the connection with the turbo dropped and ended up doing a sprint to stay with the group when it cut back in. By the time we got round to start the 2nd lap I was in the 3rd group, no one wanting to do any work and kept finding myself at the front. Got to the KOM again and everyone went for it. Kept in the group and dropped a few. Got a draft boost for the final effort to the line. Was a bit of a tactical playoff, I managed to stay at the back of the little group and used the draft on the final uphill to the finish and sling shot round the 5 of them and held them off to the line. Came in 30th. Pleased with that considering going uphill is not my strength.

• Not sure if all points counted yet, but looking like Bs in 4th and As in 2nd after 4 events!!
  • Looks like As came joint 2nd in the race points, but ended up in 3rd place for reasons unknown. This still though consolidates our 2nd overall which is great.
  • Well done Chris P top 10 in the Bs and Matt and Chris L 3 and 4 in the As all with lots of bonus points. Solid points from everyone else too so great team results overall.

Bad luck Dan, hugely frustrating.
    TTT next on that tricky NY course...