Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Lol 6w/kg, I saw that too.

My plan is... Hard start, keep it up over the climb, find me and one other billy off the back, grovel to the finish.
  • Good luck tonight guys. I don't know if you know this already, but there is a trick you can use to guarantee you have a front row starting position in the race - simply join the event up to 30 minutes before the start (when you'll probably be alone in the pen and sitting on the front row) then just quit the event and go off and do another warm up on some other route. When you re-join the event, say a few mins before the start, you will be placed back in that front row spot - nice! I've used this a few times and it really does help if you're aiming to be in the front group from the off.
  • Horrible course to race. Blown out on first climb, legs cramping on the final rollers. Just dipped below the hour.

Great result from Matt P... 6th.

Chris L... What happened? Says you did a different race!! Looks like u placed 3rd in it tho!!

Well done all
  • Yeah, sorry, I think I had WiFi problems. Pressed the button to take me to the race and it put me on the side of the road in NY, rather than at the start line. I waited a while and nothing happened. Has that ever happened to anyone?

So i missed the start and decided to enter another race seeing as was already warmed up and sneaked a podium !

Hope it all went well for everyone - really tough, by the sounds of it.

Brilliant to get 6th place on that course !
  • edited November 2020
    League after round 5 (3 events for CCA)

• Doing well considering we are event behind most people, looking forward to the TTT. Matt does it breakdown how we scored per event - as i understand it the cumulative score by each team per event then goes into a single score per round for that table, is that correct?
  • Thanks Matt. Is the 5 or 6 best results in the series? Either way, once others max out the the number of events scored we'll catapult up the rankings. Watch out Cake Crusaders.
  • Chris L, never had that problem before. Hopefully just a glitch. Sometimes the link doesn't come up for me to click on to goto the event and I have de-enter and then re-enter.

Looking forward to seeing your awesome stats in action!
  • Cake Crusaders... I bet they are a bit tasty...
  • edited November 2020
    Tuesday night is TTT night... Greatest London Flat course, circa 31km.

Minimum of four riders, Max of six required and four to cross the line. More strategy required to "burn and leave' riders I reckon...

Add your name below if you want to ride. I'll arrange slow paced recce on the Monday night mix up.

• If there's space. Me please.
  • So I think the consensus was from last week's trial plus taking it on a bit. Take the 4th highest 20 minute power X 95% to get a "resting" rate so as not to drop the 4th rider. Turns on front at 150% of "resting" for as long as you can hold it to keep the speed steady.
  • Yes please Matt!
  • Yes please Matt
  • I'll do some turns if there's space
  • Thanks all... Spaces still available...

I am happy to sit this out as I won't make it round at the pace of those above!
  • im still recovering from injury from last weeks crash so im not sure ill be fit. Also the bike is going into Trek Tuesday for checkup so not sure if ill have it back that day. if I have it back and i feel ok i might be able to be one of your burners.
  • Sorry to hear of crash. Hope you're back to full power soon. Is Trek Tuesday like Specialized Sunday, Felt Friday and Mavic Monday?
  • Willier Wednesday? Not sure if that works!!
  • So if it stays at us 5. I have 4th highest 20 minute at 294 watts. So X 95% X 150% limits max watts to 413 so as not to drop me. Hmm. A big number! Only CP can get close to that.

So suggest therefore that the front rider pulls through at as high as possible as they can hold (not much higher than say 400 but I imagine between 325 and 400), hold as long as possible (hopefully around a minute) and then Sink and Sprint.
  • Prob better if I try to do a few early pulls then back out to let you guys go. Not sure about sink and sprint, more like sink and drown!
  • Sounds good...the start procedure sounds interesting! Shall we coordinate what we wear? Assume there isn't much chat during :smile:
  • We kept the chat running for the last TTT.
  • Gonna wear a nice knitted cardigan and some Chinos!

Lol! May as well stick with the Blue Camo jersey, might want different headgear tho... Maybe, no helmet, cap, helmet and dreadlocks!

Chat running definitely helps for TTT
  • 6 Riding...

Chris L
    Chris P
    Matt P
    Matt S
    Dan H
    Dave W

Remember to warm up ahead of the event start time of 19:52. We then need to stop pedalling and time 2.5 mins before sending ourselves off at 19:54:30

Don't forget your HRM!
  • Enjoyed the recce this evening. See you tomorrow evening for the TT. I’ll take a look at the video earlier in the thread.
  • 5 strong guys + me. Held on for 8km then let go, really struggled to get any power out tonight.

Massive effort by the others to keep it together and ride hard to the line. Think we'll be in for a decent time.

Nice one
  • Well done gents, smashed it!!! Great fun, and am I misunderstanding Zwiftpower in thinking we came second..?
  • Yeah, reckon we got 2nd too. Great work !