Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League

Comments

• Well done all. I couldn't see anything in pen E. No idea how that was supposed to work.
  • Great work chaps. Sorry, didn't see your msg Matt. Tbh legs were bobbins last night so I wouldn't have helped at all.
  • Matt P, fancy taking on Team Captain of the A's?

This will mean you will be sent the Racer sign in emails to distribute. I am happy to stay Manager for any admin purposes.
  • Yes, very happy to do what's needed.

So to kick things off:

Who's up for Tuesday night.

2 laps of Yorkshire. https://zwiftinsider.com/zrl-s1-w9 (link doesn't work yet, but I took a wild guess).
  • I'll be up for it if my cooked legs have got over IRL Yorkshire riding today...
  • I’m up for a bit of Yorkshire too
  • keen if there's still space
  • Still one space left. Matt S or Graham (or anyone else?) are you joining us?

Also Matt. What's the difference between team captain and manager?
  • Manager is more Admin and if we ever get to heady heights of the Premier League, is responsible for providing rider weight data etc. Captain will get the sign on emails and details for each race
  • I can race if there is nobody faster available. Anything to get 1 point!!!
  • Cough* Graham would be faster*cough
  • Love to race Matt but working tonight. I’d only get the single point also. Maybe a tactic to go for a longer range sprint for bonus points? I read it’s done in order across the line as supposed to fastest time.
  • Tough course that!... Either up or down! Groupetto at the back for me with 3/4 others. Joined by Dave briefly until he found his legs again and got away with a few Km to go.

Well done Matt P.... 2nd!!!!
  • Another tough but enjoyable race!

All the collective points gives us 3rd team on the night. I can't get my phone to attach images. So a great ride all round!

The rather flat overall scoring keeps is in 6th overall, dominated by those who have ridden more races than us. Something to rectify for season 2!
  • Final race of season 1... TTT, Watopia, Tick-Tock, 36km.

Names below for those wanting to ride please, strong team required!! Currently sitting 6th in league but 5th or 4th possible...

Matt P, can you send me your Zwift ID number so I can transfer you as A Captain. Cheers
  • Yes please Matt
  • Yes please Matt!
  • Yes please. ID sent in PM.
  • Might as well see the season out..count me in
  • If anyone fancies a nice flattish training race tomorrow (mixed categories starting at the same time) - https://www.zwift.com/events/view/1337631
  • Might not be able to make tomorrow eve, but count me in for Tuesday pls.
  • Space for one more?
  • Graham, I'm happy to swap out
  • Cool, that's 6 then..

Matt P
    Dan
    Dave
    Chris L
    Chris P
    Graham

Email on its way
  • Dan is out unfortunately. If anyone else fancies a ride, let me know.
  • Shall we try similar to last time?

Pull through at as close to 375 as possible. Build through to 400 if possible and then back to 375 before switch.

60 to 90 second turns. Or hey, longer if cruising pace is 400 watts. Then sink and sprint.

On down hills:
    Build slowly to 400+ if possible. Quicker turns.

On uphills:
    Limit to 4.5 w/kg. Keep together to get max speed on downhill.

Suggested order based on 5 minute powers:

Graham
    Matt S (assuming in for Dan?)
    Dave
    Chris P
    Chris L
    Matt P
  • I'll be at the back...for a bit!!
  • Works for me
  • Looks like a 6th place finish.

Well done everyone. Sorry, barely made one lap round, legs were toast!

Matt, can't see your ZwiftID, did you direct message it to me? Maybe send via email??