Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League

Comments

• That was tough, couldn't get in the top 30 this week. I hate virtual hills.
  • Well done chaps!! Fantastic!
  • edited November 2020
    Surely a top 3 position is possible!!!! Creeping closer...

• We really need to smash the TTT next week!
  • Thanks Matt.
    For everyone, worth registering and accessing this page if not already.
    https://www.wtrl.racing/zrl/ZRL-results.php
    And then filter to our league. Expand the teams to see how the rider points add up.
    This shows we came third in total of rider points and hence 18 series points. (Although only 16 appear to have added as we were previously on 64 points....). Not sure how that works.
  • Interestingly they have updated the table from above and it does put us now on 82 points.
  • Excellent, 14 points off of 3rd place!
  • Great stuff, doing well chaps. For the TTT i've been thinking should we see who wants to signup then organise it so we rotate in a generally fixed order rather than working out over discord during the ride who comes through next? Then if someone cant do a turn they can shout but this way we should stay more organised and focus on position and recovery not who comes through next? Personally for the last one i found it hard to keep track of who was meant to be doing what so we probably went a little slower than we could have.

Thoughts?
  • Good idea Chris
  • Sounds good Chris.

Get your name down below if you want to race, we can then finalise the team early...
  • Yes please
  • I’m free to race, although don’t mind sitting out if over subscribed as I’ve done last two in a row
  • Yes please, but similarly I've done all the races, so happy to sit out if there's the demand... Good plan Chris 👍
  • i'm keen to race, shame its the last one!
  • im keen also, but legs are not great so happy to give up for stronger riders to get us up the table, Is there not 2 more races after this? the website shows races on Dec 8th and 15th?
  • Yes, 2 more after this I believe
  • ahh sorry chaps! More points opportunities then :awesome:
  • Count me in, but again, have done all so far, so happy just to witness the pain.
  • Dan
    Dave
    Chris L
    Chris P
    Matt P
    Graham

Email with sign on details on the way...

Cheers
  • Thanks Matt. Are you sure you don't want to take my place?
  • Thanks Matt, but more than happy for our strongest riders to compete
  • Shall we formulate a plan?

Observations for last time.

If watts on front went closer or over 400, gaps appeared.
    Holding around 375 seemed to keep together.
    Fluctuations of lead watts also caused gaps (perhaps the biggest cause)

So perhaps one approach for max speed.

On flat:
    Hold between 350 (or as close as possible) to 375 watts max on flat
    If at 350 pull off after 1 min or less as others can hold higher for max speed
    If at 375 hold for a couple of minutes then drop off.
    Closer to 400 should in theory be OK, but build slowly from 375 to 400 then slowly back to 375 again.

On down hills:
    Build slowly to 400+ if possible. No gaps should appear. Quicker turns.

On uphills:
    Limit to 4.5 w/kg

Suggested order based on 5 minute powers:

Graham
    Dave
    Chris P
    Chris L
    Matt P
    Dan

That way we generate a smoother lead max power.

We keep to the order. If momentum carries us through we drop back and try to slot in. Even if this means coming in from two or three behind when time to be on front. A short burst of watts and then a short drop seems to push up one place and then stick to the person in front. Easier to move up then drop back.

In theory if first rider at 375.

2nd rider - 300
    3rd rider - 265
    4th rider - 255
    5th - 245
    6th - 240

At some point if tiring don't be afraid to push hard then drop away. As long there are still 4 left!

Thoughts welcome!
  • Sounds like a plan to me, worth a shot.
    Just a general finding from last time- I kept the overhead view (9) the whole time and found it massively easier for judging relative speed and spotting gaps emerging...
  • Sounds good to me Matt - Dave will give that a try as could be useful like you say! chat later
  • Last minute disaster. Power cut! Matt S. Do you want to sub?
  • I'll join in pen E and watch if that's OK. Speak in a bit.
  • looks like we are 4th on the night collecting 17 points which puts us now 6th in the table 1 point ahead of Merlin who were 7th on the night collecting 14 points.

Looks like though 6th in the league is all we can get as we are 11 behind 3cTyphoons in 5th. By the way the points are dished 20 19 18 17 etc from 1st, the gains are too small.
  • Looking at the splits we rode really strongly over the back half - couple of the teams faded after setting quicker intermediate times, great work guys