Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League

Comments

• Great effort guys! Felt like i wasnt really contributing much so thanks for dragging me round! Trying to get discord to work when going for it a brudge too far currently :awesome:

Hadnt appreciated how hard TTT formation is when going for it is! I wonder if we pre-arrange what order we rotate turns then just all recover behind whoever's turn it is then the next prearranged person does the work when man 1 swings off as it seems to churn quite easily on courses that aren't pan flat. Thoughts?
  • edited November 2020
    I think it was 5th on the night chaps...

• Moving up overall!.. now 6th in the league...

• Great ride and result. Interestingly the team in front had only slightly higher average watts but put 45 seconds into us. So plenty to work on!
  • Next week should be fun. Pretty flat and then one big effort and then pretty flat again. Petite Boucle at 45km.
  • I'll organise another TTT practice session
  • Oh I see, the times on Zwift power for each rider are from 19:52 when it thinks the race started, rather than when each team started.
    Not sure I can make Thurs Dan, will let you know
  • Hi @Dan Hall sorry, just seen your suggestion for a TTT practice tonight - I'm afraid I wasted my legs on a TT at lunchtime, wasn't expecting to ride this evening as well! Hope this refusal to come to training sessions doesn't get me thrown off the squad...
  • Sorry, can’t make it this eve Dan. Kid’s bedtime has got in the way !
  • This Tuesday it's a big one... 47km race around the Petit Boucle course, France. It's a custom finish, ending at the Marina Sprint.

If you would like to race, names below please...
  • Please can you pop my name in the hat. Thanks Matt.
  • Yes please Matt
  • Please Matt!
  • Yes please, cheers
  • I'll have a go if there's space, happy to sit out if others want in
  • 1 place left if anyone wants it... Otherwise it's me doing a solo TT effort off the back for over an hour!!
  • Be interest in doing the race, what time does it start?
  • 7:52pm start time.
  • My thoughts on this having raced it a few times. Each sprint is going to be tough to hang on so sprint just to keep in contact for each one.

Aqueduct both ways will be tricky to hold on, particularly the first time as a couple of small ramps beforehand tend to string out the bunch and then more so on the actual "climb" bit. So keep up front.

One of the more difficult bits is the curvey Ss as there are two ramps towards the end which tend to string out the bunch, put you into the red and then turns left straight into the real climb. Judging the effort between staying close enough to the front without overdoing it will be key.

The climb itself tends to get harder further up with big kicks over the top to try and split the bunch. Any group over the top is likely to stick together until the end. Possible split at reverse aqueduct so sprint to keep up but rarely actually splits here.

Then standard issue sprint to finish.

Should be a good one!
  • i can make that, be home in time for a warm up before. see how the legs fair.
  • Graham, happy for you to step up. I'll send you the link
  • Will definitely be a strong team of 6 tonight, good luck guys
  • Gonna need to be - ZwiftInsider suggests 58-60min at 4.4W/kg... https://zwiftinsider.com/zrl-s1-w7/
  • The premier division did it 1:00 yesterday so we'll bumble around in a good 5m longer I reckon.
  • I dont know how its rated but i feel we are in the lower end of the A league..fairly sure we've not been doing anywhere near that wattage flr an hour. I think the guy overstates the power profiles especially at lower A/upper B - he had B's doing 5+w/kg for more than 5 minutes for this climb - not a chance many B's can do that, especially 35 mins into a race
  • Graham, you signed up?
  • Anyone on chat pre race?
  • Looks like a great night... 2nd Mr Palmer!!! And 7th for Chris Lynch!
  • A great race! Chris, you managed a 2nd in the reverse Aqueduct sprint. I managed to sneak a 1st in the forward Aqueduct sprint. So a sprinkling of extra points for the final road race. Back to TTTing next week for the final event of the series.