Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League Season 2

Comments

• Awesome.. yes I think women I think I can race A and maybe B as I’m right in the transition zone, mixed is B. I’m on Zwift power but I shall join the team today. Ive never done the TTT so I’m totally happy to take a back seat on that as I’m not drilled in it.
  • Sounds good Matt. I'll also set up another Discord channel so each team can chat.
  • edited January 2021
    Ok, Discord Channel for A Racers https://discord.gg/sntxuBxW2R

Channel for B Racers https://discord.gg/Eg5eQsPFVC

For all races, We recommend joining for pre race chat. For individual points races, no need to stay connected whilst racing. For Team TT, we found it best to stay on chat whilst racing to help with taking pulls and reorganisation if the group becomes split.
  • edited January 2021
    First race is a points race, 34km Richmond's UCI World's Reverse (2 laps).

Power Ups available: Aero Boost, Drafting Boost and Feather.

**Links are now available and will be sent out shortly.**

NOTE:

This is a link to the WTRL website where you MUST have an account. By clicking the link it will associate you with the correct team. ( I will send CCA Racers B links, Matt P will send CCA Racers links). Once you have followed the link (you may need to log in to WTRL) it will direct you to Zwift where you need to sign-up to the correct race, either Pen A (Racers) or Pen B (Racers B ).

ANOTHER NOTE!:

The 2 races have different start times, as our new B team is in a different part of the league. B start time is 18:21.

Matt P, please confirm A start time...
  • Team A start time is 19:55, so quite a bit later, but similar to last time.

Link will be sent out via direct message on Forum to A riders shortly.
  • https://zwiftinsider.com/zrl-s2-w1

This is the course recce for tonight. Punchy hills from the start so good warm up needed!
  • Well that all worked well. I'm in and have CCA Racers to my zwift power profile. Just a question for you more experienced shifters. When you are in race, is there way on the screen to see where your team mates are? My display normally just shows me the people immediately close to me. thanks
  • On the Companion app on your phone, if you go to the 'Zwifters' section, then the 'Zwifters following' tab, I think it is, you get a list of your team mates and how far ahead or behind on that course you are... Don't think you can see on the actual screen, though?
  • ok thanks Dave. I will probably have a problem then because i don't have internet in the garage so I zwift through my phone hotspot. And when you zwift through a hotspot, it seems to bugger up the functionality of the ZC App. But I'll try it later.
  • We found last season that it was difficult to employ any real tactics during the races. Cycle hard and try and hang on is the main one. Then agree who might try for any given sprint is the secondary one, but in reality that is pretty fluid depending on who is in the lead group. If feeling fresh, go for the sprint!
  • It should show you on the mini map people who youre following on zwift with a different colour dot, get everyone added and will be easier to see the team. Then cling on for dear life :chuffed:
  • I wish I had enough in the tank to be strategic! It all goes a bit fuzzy for me for best part of an hour before I realise I finished near the back!!!
  • Matt S - just checking I have this right, when I follow the link it says League E1, Division 6, start time 6:20. And then just join the B category.
  • Hi Tim. I can see your name on the start list alongside the other CCA in the B race. So all good I’d say. See you later.

I don’t see Taff there yet. Hopefully the relatively early start not a problem.
  • Yep all Bs signed up except Taff at present
  • Thanks. Getting quite excited about this...!
  • If you do want to track fellow riders ZwiftGPS.com does this. Go to their website, give consent to use Zwift data and provide ZwiftID and you can then toggle between maps of all the world's and are able to track where people you follow are riding.
  • I’ll be available tonight if anyone drops out. Can’t do the B race next week as I won’t finish work till 7.
  • Hi Gents. Just signed up. Do you think the B races will be a 6.20pm start each week?
  • https://www.wtrl.racing has a donate link on their home page if anyone is interested.
  • Taff, yes looks like a standard 6:15 for the EMEA league
  • Hi Graham. Appreciate your work schedule. We'll make sure you get a ride in two weeks.
  • Hi Graham. Are you still OK to ride in As. Lillie has another exciting opportunity. I'll drop you the link in a PM.
  • Cheers. I’ve signed on.
  • A racers, it's a tough one tonight, the third climb is by far the hardest. The bunch split after the third climb but came back together again on the long flat, i would save power ups for the climbs.
  • 6th Dan. Good work. Thanks for the heads-up. Never done this course the wrong way before.
  • well I think they call that a 'learning experience'. Horrible. Definitely out of my depth in the A's. I think you all must have left discord by the time I got into it. Well done all.
  • How I felt for all of 1st season Rob! Just think of the points
  • 1st place Matt!! Nice one!

Well done everyone for competing tonight, great effort and commitment by all.
  • That was certainly tough but fun. Dan, you were certainly right on climb three. Dragged on forever.

Great rides by all.