Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League Season 2

Comments

• Thanks Matt.

So taking a little more of a look at Team A

1st place. VCV (team of spare watts kid) 251 points
    2nd place. CCA 208 points
    3rd place. Zscot 180 points

85 of our points came from bonus sprints, which just shows how important they are. One to focus on in two weeks!

Still ultimately a really flat scoring system. With the positive though is that we're only 1 point off.
  • Those who want to TTT on Tuesday, please let us know by Sunday 7pm so that we can sort out teams. Thanks.
  • P.S. in theory Bs can ride twice if numbers allow!
  • Yes please for the TTT
  • Looking at the results page now it says the A team is actually 1st (fantastic!) and B's 6th.
  • I'm on the for the TT please.
  • Yes please for TTT. Thanks again for organising Matt and Matt.
  • Yes to the TTT pls. The A results are now showing that VCV team are DNQ, which is what puts us first!
  • I can make the A race if you need an extra number there. Can be your burner as i doubt ill be able to hold on to the end.

I see one guy fro VCV had no HR, Weight or height on ZP. Suffolk punchers also had someone with this data missing so probably expect a DNQ for them.
  • I’m available on Tuesday and will give all I’ve got. But just being honest, I can’t hold 375W on my turns at the front. My 5 min power is more like 320W so even if do 340W I’ll be struggling. I’m sorry I can’t do more but ZP bumped me up to A when clearly that is too high for me.
  • I can race A if needed, might not make it to the end though
  • edited January 2021
    I need to read the rules on bonus points next time, I didnt pay much attention as I didnt think I would be in the mix but looks like I picked a few up.

Let's aim for to beat INC Alien in the TTT, they are sitting one place ahead of us in 5th
  • Rob, the enjoyable bit is riding as a team and trying to go as fast as we can between us. It's great fun.
  • Yes please for TTT Matt

Thanks for sorting training tonight Dan. Worked well and strong race pace efforts.
  • That’s such a great result!
  • I’m trying to get time off on Tuesday I think by the sounds of it you have enough people. Will there be anymore training as I’d love to give it a go.
  • In for the TTT! great work in the results so far as well, maybe i'll try for some of the early sprints as wont really be anywhere on the hillier courses..tough one to judge, loving the camraderie already :)
  • Put me name in the hat for Tuesday please. We had a good Zwift TTT training session today. Thanks for organizing Dan.
  • Yes please for the A's TTT Matt (although happy to sit out if we're over-subscribed and give my feet a rest- struggling with cold weather issues...)
  • Theres been some updates to the league, B team now in 5th.
  • I can be available as super sub if needed
  • Hi, Tuesday's teams as below.

12 of us riding.

A (A): Chris L
    A (A): Dave W
    A (A): Matt P
    A (A): Rob B
    A (B): Chris P
    A (B): Graham A

B (B): Dan H
    B (B): Lillie S
    B (B): Martin L
    B (B): Matt S
    B (B): Stef D
    B (B): Tim A
  • Ok great news.. I haven’t trained for this or done a zwift TT before I’m on nights tomorrow. I will re read
    All the notes on the forum.
  • I'm available if required. Cheers
  • edited January 2021
    B Racers...

Link on its way.

Our start delay is 6 mins, therefore the time we set off is 18:27. You must be in the start pen before 18:21 though when teams start to set off. I suggest joining by 18:10 on Discord so we can discuss the start process.

All riders MUST STOP pedalling by 18:20 as the start gates will be open at 18:21 but we cannot set off until 18:27... Otherwise we face a penalty.

All riders need a HRM.
  • A Racers...

Link should be with you.

8.5m delay from 19:55. To stay warm and connected I think we will have try the pair screen trick! A dangerous game, but think a must for such a big delay.
  • A reminder on discord channels.

Channel for A Racers
    https://discord.gg/sntxuBxW2R

Channel for B Racers
    https://discord.gg/Eg5eQsPFVC
  • Another starting tip I read is simply to pedal backwards whilst waiting - will keep you warm, but probably won't maintain the trainer connection.
  • Live coverage here - think they struggle on the commentary for team time trials...https://www.facebook.com/ZwiftCommunityLive/videos/3723208787758376
  • I've given up watching TTTs on Zwift for that reason. Saying that real life ones aren't that much better!