Welcome to the forum

WTRL Zwift Racing League

Comments

• https://zwiftinsider.com/zrl/
    So it alternates Race then TTT. Above link gives good details. Next race in NYC is another lumpy one!
  • edited November 2020
    Standings from CCA Racers first race which was actually the 3rd race of the winter season. Our league is the EMEA West 2 Div 4A

• Overall rank 1980 out of 2373... Although ranking starts at 1188??
  • It shows a little more detail under the Leagues tab. Scoring 55 race points! Which converts as 5th best team on the day which then gives us 16 series points.
  • Not sure how the primes work. According to ZwiftP I came over the intermediates in 5th on three occasions (1 point for 5th) but that doesn't seem to have been included as all our final places added up to 55 points.
  • One final observation. I notice Taff isn't in the results as was "tagged" on ZwiftP. Not sure why though.
  • Cheers Matt, was looking for the points.
  • This Tuesday 3rd Nov, it's a Team Time Trial 28km. Magnificent 8 circuit in Watopia.

We need a minimum of 4 riders, maximum of 6. The time taken is 4th man across the line.. so 4 quick guys then!...

I would like to give it a go so 5 spots available... Get your name down below. If we get over subscribed I can draw the 6 names from a sweaty cycling cap.
  • I'm happy to sit this one out. Maybe Chris lynch?
  • Keen to give my first TTT a go. Although others have much better raw sustained power.

Tactics for the TTT seem to split opinion, but the clean straight line with big single turns on the front coupled with Discord comms appears the winning ticket.
  • Count me in please but equally happy to sit out if over subscribed
  • With my Johan Bruyneel hat on... looking at the stats from last week, we need 4 riders able to work together at around 3.8/3.9w/kg for the distance....

...and an electric powered bike / EPO etc
  • This has got @grahamaskew 's name all over this.
  • Matt P... it’ll be more like riding a chaingang than raw sustainable power, over and under if it’s anything like riding a TTT out on the road. I might be up for this but will have been riding in the daytime so might be a bit knackered...
  • Hi Matt, I'm available but happy to rest if you have 5 stronger (or keener!) riders...
  • I won’t be able to make it tomorrow eve, sorry. Hope it goes smoothly !
  • Ok, so far...

Matt P
    Dan H
    Dave W
    Matt S

Possibles... Taff, Will? Can you confirm?

Could do with a faster guy than myself as I may be able to give 10k but will probably die holding 270/280 watts!

I have the sign up link to send out.
  • One more space available...

Matt P
    Dan
    Dave
    Matt S
    MC
  • Nice one Graham, you have mail
  • Sorry, I’m not going to make it tonight, will be fairly useless if I did too, next time!
  • Good tips in them videos, this is going to be painful
  • Watches Vid... OMG... There is so much to think about!!
  • We have 6 so maximum chance to of success.

Don't forget discord for chat before and during... https://discord.gg/XTn8hJM
  • Excellent homework assignment. Thanks Dave.
    Sink and Sprint. Sink and Sprint. Sink and Sprint.
  • Thanks to Matt S for organising, that was good fun. Amazing effort from Matt P holding us all together.
  • Great experience that. Definitely a technique to staying together and going fast. Sorry I dropped off the back with 3k to go but given my premature start, probably best!!!

TTT much more fun than ITT for sure!
  • edited November 2020
    Results are up. 5th out of 7 teams on the night.